★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Penalty World Cup

03-20-2009, 02:09 AM
#1
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
Posts: 290
03-20-2009, 02:10 AM
#2
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 4,568
That looks fun.

(He means soccer for us americans )

Edit: Just bought it

Twitter: @Zincous

Last edited by Zincous; 03-20-2009 at 02:21 AM.

03-20-2009, 02:45 AM
#3
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 4,568
This is their video....


Youtube link | Pop Up

Twitter: @Zincous
03-20-2009, 02:47 AM
#4
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco, California
Posts: 5,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
That looks fun.

(He means soccer for us americans )

Edit: Just bought it
Thanks for the clarification...I thought he was talking about Canadian football especially when "cup" is in the title.
03-20-2009, 02:55 AM
#5
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
That looks fun.

(He means soccer for us americans )

Edit: Just bought it
First impressions? How does it compare to the penalty shootout in Real Soccer from Gameloft?
03-20-2009, 03:01 AM
#6
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Cardiff, Wales, UK
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrom View Post

Could this turn out to be a solid football game?
doubt it. only looks like penalty taking
03-20-2009, 03:31 AM
#7
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,404
Looks good, but the animation is nothing like FIFA or Pro Evo.

And for a couple of bucks more, you can get a whole lot more with Real Soccer.

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
03-20-2009, 03:43 AM
#8
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 4,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkiphone View Post
First impressions? How does it compare to the penalty shootout in Real Soccer from Gameloft?
Way better PK's than Real Soccer. But that is because this whole app is based around PK's, they better have done a better job in this area

It is hard to get used to the controls though in this game, I still am having a hard time getting the shots on target. Real Soccer feels like they just threw in PK's in the end and didn't work on it much, it's really fast and not life like.

This game makes PK's life like. They have done a really good job. Good graphics for an iPhone soccer game.

It has 2 player mode which would be better on wifi, but it works.

There are a couple things that I think shoudl be changed, and aiming your shots is hard. After an update or two, this will be a really good app. Right now, I'd be cautious about buying it. Unless you really want to take PK's and like soccer. Otherwise, this is not for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjleworthy View Post
doubt it. only looks like penalty taking
Yes, it is only PK's in this game. You get to shoot them, and block them. I like the behind the goal view when you are the keeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkei View Post
Looks good, but the animation is nothing like FIFA or Pro Evo.

And for a couple of bucks more, you can get a whole lot more with Real Soccer.
Graphics are better in this game than real soccer. But Real Soccer is overall a better purchase and more fun.

Twitter: @Zincous
03-20-2009, 03:55 AM
#9
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
Graphics are better in this game than real soccer. But Real Soccer is overall a better purchase and more fun.
I agree graphics in this game are better, but if Real Soccer is only about PK they can also put this kind of graphics, or even better

I love PK game, I had it on my old mobile, but it's just a bit too expensive for what it is.

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
03-20-2009, 03:58 AM
#10
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 4,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkei View Post
I agree graphics in this game are better, but if Real Soccer is only about PK they can also put this kind of graphics, or even better

I love PK game, I had it on my old mobile, but it's just a bit too expensive for what it is.
True, if Gameloft focused just on the PK part, they would have done better. But they didn't, and so we have this

And yeah $2.99 is pushing it for the price. DEFINITELY a great $.99 game. And $1.99 seems more realistic for this game. So we will see if it drops in price.

Twitter: @Zincous