★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Your favorite casual game?

12-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Your favorite casual game?

Please suggest some new casual games for iPhone/iPod Touch.
I have already beaten these ones:
Lexitron
Gemlogic
iSnake
Trism

Thank you
12-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Kosmo Spin
Monster Dash
Fruit Ninja
Cut the Rope

The top four.

My Reviews Cut the Rope | 180 | Spark it Up | Epic War TD | Lego Harry Potter

WARNING - CHECK YOUR APP PURCHASES! There are several hacked apps out there!

12-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Paradise Quest has been out for awhile but a nice casual game. Nicely polished too.
http://appshopper.com/games/paradise-quest
12-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Tilt to Live
Angry Birds
Minigore
Fruit Ninja
12-05-2010, 11:13 AM
I used to love Fruit Ninja and Doodle Jump, but they have been pissing me off lately. My new casual favorites are Cut The Rope, Robot Unicorn Attack: Heavy Metal, Monster Dash, and Tilt To Live. And if Pac-Man: Championship Edition can be considered casual, it also deserves a spot on the list.
12-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Zombie Highway and Fruit Ninja are the only ones I really play anymore, although Tilt to Live is a ton of fun as well.
12-05-2010, 11:40 AM
I suppose I don't speak for too many people who own iDevices when I say none. Emphatically, none.

Believe it or not, there is at least one iDevice owner who wants nothing to do with casually gaming. There is certainly a notion floating out there that virtually all iDevice gamers are casual in nature. This is part of the problem and why so few so-called "hardcore" games end up getting developed for the platform.

I suppose I've been tempted to download Angry Birds or Fruit Ninja just to try and see what everyone else sees in this whole casual gaming craze. When push comes to shove, I just can't bring myself to do it.
12-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumaz1000 View Post
I suppose I don't speak for too many people who own iDevices when I say none. Emphatically, none.

Believe it or not, there is at least one iDevice owner who wants nothing to do with casually gaming. There is certainly a notion floating out there that virtually all iDevice gamers are casual in nature. This is part of the problem and why so few so-called "hardcore" games end up getting developed for the platform.

I suppose I've been tempted to download Angry Birds or Fruit Ninja just to try and see what everyone else sees in this whole casual gaming craze. When push comes to shove, I just can't bring myself to do it.
Uhh, dude, I respect your opinion and all but no one is gonna buy an iTouch or an iPhone and use it as a hardcore gaming console. That's what the XBOX and Playstations are for.

Betas: Victory Day, Victory March, Zombwich, Mission Europa, Shadow Era, Slice It!, Baseball Superstars 2011, Queen's Crown, Aralon: Sword and Shadow, Zombie Runaway, Third Blade, Tower Defense: Lost Earth
12-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltMyTouch View Post
Uhh, dude, I respect your opinion and all but no one is gonna buy an iTouch or an iPhone and use it as a hardcore gaming console. That's what the XBOX and Playstations are for.
Hi Marcus.

There are already a few "hardcore" games available, or coming soon to iOS. Galaxy on Fire 2, Aralon: Sword and Shadow, The Shadow Sun, Real Racing 2, Modern Combat 2, etc. iDevices can play big boys games too.
12-05-2010, 01:39 PM
At the moment my favorite is ChuChu Rocket