★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

100 Rogues Holiday Sale ($4.99 > $1.99!)

12-05-2010, 12:27 PM
100 Rogues Holiday Sale ($4.99 > $1.99!)

Hey guys! Lead Designer here of 100 Rogues.

The game is $1.99 right now for a Holiday Sale, and our third playable class, the SKELLYMAN SCOUNDREL, is coming out in a couple weeks! SHE IS AWESOME!

12-05-2010, 01:22 PM
so what youre saying is i should probably buy the game now?

Beta tester of 54 games
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
12-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
so what youre saying is i should probably buy the game now?
Yes you should.

Although I'm personally disliking there will be a 2:1 ratio on female characters to male. I don't play often anymore because of it. (I'm saying there should be more male characters to play as. )

It's a good game otherwise

GM of Yslandia
Archetype ID: Kylescorpion
GameCenter ID: Kylescorpion Add Me!
12-05-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm really digging this game. Don't know much about Roguelikes, but this is good stuff. Here's a review that I did for those who don't know what this is about:

I’ve been trying to get into this “Rogue” type of games for quite a while. I gave the popular Sword of Fargoal a try, but it didn’t keep my interest. Maybe it was too “hardcore”, maybe it was the finicky control, maybe it was the art style. Anyway, I dug the idea of a game where you explore increasingly challenging rooms packed with enemies, and if you die, you are gone for good, so that’s why I wanted to try 100 Rogues.

The premise of the game is simple: you gotta kill Satan. Sounds fun, isn’t it? After a brief intro, you have to choose one of two types of character, each with their own attributes. I went for the Human Crusader, a valiant knight in shining armor. Immediately after that, your adventure begins.

Each “dungeon” is a floor that’s full of monsters and treasures. The movement of the main character is “tile based”, so is the combat. When you find a critter you want to fight, just approach him and move forward to make your main guy attack. If you win a fight, you’ll get experience that will help you level up your weapons and attacks and the stats of your hero. As things start to get more complicated, you’ll find yourself using some of the special abilities and weapons you obtain by finding treasures or looting items that enemies drop when they are defeated. These items give the game a nice sense of strategy, since some enemies have distinct patterns that you can exploit by using the right item. As you keep going down and down the dungeons, different types of enemies will appear, each stronger than the group that were in the dungeon before. There are even big boss fights that happen once you’ve cleared a certain amount of dungeons. Pitifully, I was able to defeat only the first one (a genie), because since I’m a Rogue noob, I got slaughtered in the next dungeon. Be careful and plan your strategy, because if you die, you’ll have to start from the beginning of the game.

One of the reasons why 100 Rogues caught my attention was because of the art-style. Art can make a game stand out above others, and this game has great, charming character designs. The whole game has a retro look that, while simple, looks great and has lots of personality. And just like the visuals, the music fits the game perfectly, giving it an “epic” feel that will inspire you to keep moving forward.

100 Rogues is a nice little game that keeps you hooked once you start playing it. There are some things that I’d like to see improved, like a more fluid framerate and better controls. The rewarding nature of the title will keep you coming back for more, and online leaderboards help to boost the replay value of the game. I recommend 100 Rogues for anyone who’s looking for a charming Roguelike that gets better and better the more time you sink into it.

Now Playing Broken Sword
12-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Under the Prefs menu, is there a way to get Effects to stay as High so you don't have to set it each time?
12-09-2010, 11:17 PM
I hope you guys tie up with FAAD for XMas

OpenFeint / Gameloft ID: KiranB28
Hooked On: Cut The Rope, Bookworm, Samurai II
Reckless Racer, Modern Combat 2 (add me!)