★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Team Phobic
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 17.1 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: GravBot is now available in HD for your iPad with all the content included and no ads or interruptions!

Get ready to defy the law of gravity in GravBot, the latest game from the folks who brought you Bounce On, Phobic Studios!

GravBot is a physics-based puzzle platformer, where you decide which way is "up" as a little robot falls and pivots through each level. Collect all the batteries to win, but watch out. A wrong move could be deadly!

Each level presents a unique challenge. Find the right path, avoid enemies, spike traps and laser beams. Use levers, buttons and elevators to solve the puzzles. GravBot is fun for all ages, but with the game's physics, the simplest solution isn't always what it seems! Challenge yourself to earn a bronze, silver or gold metal for the smallest number of pivots needed to complete the level, then compete with your friends on Game Center Leaderboards.

"GravBot is puzzle platforming at its finest" - App Advice

"Not everyday you get a game that has both gameplay and graphics right. " - Nine Over Ten

"There's really not anything I don't like about GravBot, and it has become one of my most favorite puzzle games that I've played on the iPhone." - Touch Arcade

Game Highlights:

* 62 levels to challenge your perceptions of up and down
* Now in HD for your iPad
* Share your scores on Twitter
* Compete on Game Center Leaderboards and collect achievements
* Easy intuitive controls suitable for all ages

If you like GravBot, be sure to check out Phobic Studios' other games: Bounce On, Bounce On 2, Tunnel Shoot, iTD, Undead Ocean and Glow Bugs. Follow @teamphobic on twitter, or find us on Facebook!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

12-06-2010, 07:26 AM
I will buy this again. Great physics and gameplay. Buttons was a little cramped on the small screen for my liking but loved the game even so. I bought the dlc too, so am pleased that they are including it in the HD version price which is a fair price. I don't mind paying for the game this time around. Please add more content though Team Phobic! Keep it coming free for HD paid for iphone is a receipe for success.
(Shame there's no Game Center though.)

Last edited by Bad Hanson; 12-06-2010 at 10:16 AM.

12-06-2010, 09:19 AM
I liked GravBot on iPhone. Lucky for me I've yet to get the DLC. Will be definitely buying the iPad version.
12-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Is there a video somewhere? I've never played the iPhone version, so I'm not sure I understand what this game is all about.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
12-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Is there a video somewhere? I've never played the iPhone version, so I'm not sure I understand what this game is all about.
iPhone version video..

Youtube link | Pop Up

The iPhone version is free to try (has IAP for more levels), so you can try that out for a taste of how it works. Here's the iPhone thread with more info, game impressions http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=68339

Also, TA's hands on, game release articles ... http://toucharcade.com/2010/09/14/ex...m-team-phobic/ , http://toucharcade.com/2010/09/30/te...the-app-store/
12-07-2010, 05:21 AM
First, the praise: I love this game, and I love the puzzles in it, and the controls and the character... they're all great.
And now, the criticism: Please consider using a different artist for your games. The artwork is just so dark and dirty and unappealing. A game like this would be much more fun to play if it had cleaner sharper crisper brighter graphics.

(Please note, these are all my own opinions. Don't get all over my ass and lambast me for having an opinion different to yours, mmmkay?)
12-08-2010, 06:16 AM
Bought this last night and played for an hour before I realized that the better medals are given for completing a level in the least number of gravity moves... and NOT on the time that one takes to complete a level (like Edge for example).

A very, very nice puzzler with a great physics engine and lots of style.

Team Phobic: Thanks for the Plus network but is there any chance that an update will also bring Game Center integration?
12-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Any plans for a Lite version for the iPad? I see you have one on the iPhone but always prefer to try a game the way that it will be played rather than crammed into the tiny iPhone screen.