★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Feedback needed. Jugen/ Jugen free

03-20-2009, 04:27 AM
Send a message via ICQ to skeeet Send a message via MSN to skeeet Send a message via Skype™ to skeeet
Feedback needed. Jugen/ Jugen free

Hi guys. I'd like to hear your opinion about my last game called Jugen.
It is simple puzzle based on shuffleboard/billiards.

Homepage: http://munkyinteractive.com/jugen/

Appstore link (paid version): http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=305801803&mt=8

Free version: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=306563097&mt=8

You can find screenshots and video on homepage.

03-20-2009, 04:41 AM
I'll try it out. It seems like something I'd like.

03-28-2009, 10:40 AM
I was just playing the free version of this. It's got very nice production values. You tilt the phone to adjust the direction and length of the shot, then tap to shoot. I like the sensitivity adjustment option for the accelerometer, nice touch. Knock all the red balls off the table but keep your own from sliding off.

Fun, but seems quite easy, though. It seems to me like you should lose a life if a shot doesn't result in clearing at least one red piece from the board (or perhaps this could be included as an option). Again, that's based only on the levels in the free version.

This is currently on sale for .99, so I just picked it up. It's a polished effort, which makes it worth the price, IMO.
03-28-2009, 11:05 AM
It's a really nice game that makes you think. The only thing that I kind of disliked about the game is the tilt to aim controls. Another feature that I would like is that ability to control your speed? Maybe I dunno if it'll ruin the whole game or not but an ability to control the speed would be nice. Other than that, I think this game is pretty good with ok graphics and provides a great challenge.
03-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Looks like a lot of fun, picked up the full version. ^ ^

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
03-28-2009, 02:33 PM
it looks cool. im gonna email you dev!
03-28-2009, 04:48 PM
Just tried the free version, and good job on the game! Polished, smooth, good to look at, well made, nice sounds.

Only drawback I have is the tilt control. Now I'm not saying it's bad, just the opposite, I really like the smooth way you use the tilt to aim and push the piece. It's just that I'm often in a position where I can't hold my Touch level and look down on it. I've tried many tilt-control games and never buy them because of this flaw.

If you could put in an option so players can switch from tilt control to drag-and-let-go-to-shoot then I would buy this game, because everything else about it is great.
03-28-2009, 05:01 PM
First your WordPress theme looks strangely familiar. (Yes, I was lazy and used a modified Desk Mess, too. it's a quasi-personal blog so I didn't feel the need nor have the time to to go all out.)

As for the game -- I like it. It's simple and well executed. Nice traditional Japanese music in the background, good graphics, very responsive to the accelerometer, collision detection and basic rigid body physics are spot on. Level designs are well done.

A couple of suggestions perhaps. One person already mentioned a penalty for a shot resulting in not hitting anything, which would be a nice option. Counter to that though, it would be nice if there was some sort of bonus for clearing two or more balls from the table at a time, or even bonuses for trick shots (clearing two unconnected balls from the table at once by banking your shot from one ball to the other.). That would give it a bit more of a snooker/billiards feel. Also, accelerometer calibration would be nice so it doesn't have to be on a flat surface. Then anyone can calibrate it at whatever comfortable position "level" is to them.

Even as it is though it's quite a nice little game.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
03-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Send a message via ICQ to skeeet Send a message via MSN to skeeet Send a message via Skype™ to skeeet
Thanks for your feedback guys.
We're working on big update now so stay tuned
New features:
Game packs and online level editor (just like in Labyrynth)
Accelerometer calibration
Optional touch control

This update will be available on next week (i hope so)

Last edited by skeeet; 12-27-2010 at 01:14 AM.
11-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Game Impressions

My review in italian store:

I just downloaded the paid version after playing the free. In a world where even the game is hectic ... I really appreciate what this game is relaxing. Very relaxing: on music, clean graphics and simple gameplay and well done.

But the levels are very few.

4 stars

Game Center: masvil - feel free to add me telling you are from TA.
Do you need info about HDMI out and iCade to use your iDevice as a real game station? Go there and there and thank Connector and Menneisyys.