★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Play along with songs from Apple Music and iTunes!

Create, Play and Share song taps for all of the popular artists with your own songs or the songs downloaded from Apple Music! Taps for Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Justin Beiber, Katy Perry, Coldplay, Bruno Mars, LMFAO, FUN., Metallica, Eminem, Owl City, Drake, Nicki Minaj, PSY and many many more!

With over 6 million downloads, Tap Studio is the most popular series of games for creating and sharing song taps on iOS!

Do you love Tap games? Do you miss Tap Tap Revenge? What if you could tap ANY song you own? What if you could make your own taps and share them with all your friends? What if you could access a Tap Vault of over 450,000 song taps for an amazing variety of songs, from todays hottest artists to some of the strangest music you can imagine, with more added every day? And all for free!

Tap Studio 3 features:

Play along to songs from Apple Music
Create and play and share taps for all the music on your iPod touch, iPhone or iPad
Edit your taps until they are perfect
Powerups!
Take high scores to a new level with powerups that save you from missed taps, increase your multiplier up to 16x and more!
Access the Tap Vault containing user submitted taps for nearly any song imaginable! See details such as high scores and ratings with comments!
Tap Vault Library tab will automatically find highly rated song taps in the Tap Vault that match the music in your library
Browse the Tap Vault by Featured, Most Popular, Highest Rated, Most Recent or perform an easy Search with suggestions as you type
Game Center integration with achievements and global leader boards!
Full retina and iPhone 5 / 4" iPod touch support
Choose from a variety of play skins with different graphics in portrait or landscape orientations
3 and 4 rail recording and playback in all game play skins
Album artwork is part of the game play background in some play skins
Share your best taps with your friends and all the world
Send and receive Tap Challenges. Beat your friends high scores
Adjustable difficulty level setting that controls the playback speed
Facebook and Twitter integration so you can share your high scores

Tap Studio 3 users rock! Keep the good reviews coming and we'll keep the updates coming! Thank you for your support.

Visit us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/dropdstudios
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/dropdstudios

PLEASE NOTE that we do not store songs on our database, nor do we facilitate the sharing of songs. Tap Studio PRO simply uploads and downloads the tap data. Each user is required to have their own copy of the matching song on their device.

Tap Studio 3 matches song taps to songs by an exact match of song name, album name, and album artist name. If there is not an exact match found on your device, you will be given the option to purchase the song from iTunes (if available), or to browse your library to manually match the song. Be sure to choose the correct song or your taps may not line up properly!

DropDKeith's comments:
Howdy tappers! Tap Studio 3 is now available on the App Store!

Tap Studio 3 is a major new release made possible by the continued support of all of our great users!

Nearly 170k song taps have been uploaded to the Tap Vault so far, and it's only going to get bigger and better!

Tap Studio 3 brings some great new features including revamped graphics, Game Center support and a tap editor! I know, it's about time right? Now you have no excuse to not have the perfect tap.

Here's the new Home screen:

And the new Play and Record / Edit screen:

Editing is easy!

We're excited about this new release!

Oh, see that Skin button up there?

Here are a couple of the default skins that are included:

And here's one of the 4 that are included in Skin Pack 1 that you can purchase in Tap Studio 3:

Here are a few more shots of other skins.

This landscape one is included with the app:

And these are in Skin Pack 1:

Thanks for your support!
12-06-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm experiencing a lot of crashing. It's very discouraging, but I hope I can get it to work soon.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread

12-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
I'm experiencing a lot of crashing. It's very discouraging, but I hope I can get it to work soon.
I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing crashing! Please email us at support(at)dropdstudios.com and we'll try to figure out why.

Drop D Studios LLC www.dropdstudios.com Facebook Twitter
Developers of Tap Studio 3 HD, Tap Studio 3 PRO, Tap Studio 3, the original Tap Studio and more!
12-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropDKeith View Post
I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing crashing! Please email us at support(at)dropdstudios.com and we'll try to figure out why.
Ok thanks. I really want to get this to work though, and if it does I'll be buying dlc

12-06-2010, 07:32 PM
sooo... what happened to all my old tap vault files? I don't see them in 'my taps' or 'tap vault' o0"

btw: do us people that paid for PRO before get any benefits from this update? I'm all for supporting devs, but I still feel kinda bummed that what I paid for is kinda moot now.

nvm found my old files. Apparently the 'library' button on tap vault doesn't seem to be working.
12-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Ok, well I managaed to get some stuff working. The new editor is definitely a step up from the old version, but I still find it hard to sync everything perfectly. Maybe I'm greedy, but stepmania allows for input of bpm and has constant 8ths and 16ths to apply. I've been working on one song for 40 minutes and am not satisfied with the first 20 seconds of the song. Still, this is a big step up. And besides not getting everything 100% synchronized, the songs are very much playable. Speed mods would be a welcome addition as I tend to read the notes very fast, and they go by really slowly (especially in the editor). I hope the success of tapstudio 3 grows, with a few kinks fixed, this could be an amazing rhythm game.

12-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdigger802 View Post
sooo... what happened to all my old tap vault files? I don't see them in 'my taps' or 'tap vault' o0"
You will be able to transfer all of the taps you've created in Tap Studio or Tap Studio PRO starting very soon. We will be enabling the transfer feature this evening. Run your old Tap Studio / Tap Studio 3 again tomorrow and you'll be prompted to migrate your taps to Tap Studio 3!

Quote:
btw: do us people that paid for PRO before get any benefits from this update? I'm all for supporting devs, but I still feel kinda bummed that what I paid for is kinda moot now.
All of our users, such as yourself, who have used Tap Studio and paid for Tap Studio PRO have enabled us to create Tap Studio 3. Without your support we wouldn't be here!

This is also one of the reasons that TS3 is free!

Quote:
nvm found my old files. Apparently the 'library' button on tap vault doesn't seem to be working.
We have been fiddling with the Library matching functionality, so your results should improve in the near future.

Drop D Studios LLC www.dropdstudios.com Facebook Twitter
Developers of Tap Studio 3 HD, Tap Studio 3 PRO, Tap Studio 3, the original Tap Studio and more!
12-06-2010, 07:46 PM
played a few rounds. default classic theme is horrendous. the buttons are way too low and small. I also hate how they expand and overlap other buttons, which is pretty weird.

ribbon is slick though, a lot better than before. The transition to x8 is still way too long. I always mess up during the transition =P. There is a reason why it's instant in about every other music game out.

And even giving us old PRO users a PRO emblem or something cool would be nice =P
12-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Huge improvement over the last one... I had some lag problems but a reboot did the trick.

It'd be cool if you guys could add a feature to change the start time of other people's taps from the tap vault begin so that they'd sync better to our songs if the songs they have start slightly earlier/later.

Openfeint/Plus+/Crystal/Agon/Gameloft Live/Tapulous: DrMonkey
Game-Center: DrMonkeyDude (someone stole my regular username )
12-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Problems galore.
Landscape mode doesn't have any pause buttons or any for that matter besides the 3 or 4 tap buttons which are half off the track. Once I finish the song it does nothing. It just sits there. Tried in portrait mode and making a tap worked fine. However when I wanna play it, it lags so much that I can't play my own tap. Won't be buying dlc until these are fixed.
A real bummer cause I really love tap studio.
Note: played on 2nd gen touch 8 gig.