★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Snail Mail and Low Grav Racer Question

03-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Snail Mail and Low Grav Racer Question

Sorry to make one of these threads...........but here we go.

I'm going to get two games this weekend. I played and liked Snail Mail Lite. Now my first question is, is the full version worth it?

And the second question is about Low Grav Racer. It's been teasing me appearing in all the ads , but is it a racer like Cro-Mag, or is it a racer but half is mostly weapons and blowing up opponents? Is there any other good game like Low Grav out there?

Thanks!!

UPDATE: I'm getting Snail Mail for sure now. But will pass on Low Grav. So please post if there is any game like Low Grav, or any good game at the price of Low Grav

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95

Last edited by dannys95; 03-20-2009 at 10:43 AM.
03-20-2009, 10:32 AM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
Sorry to make one of these threads...........but here we go.

I'm going to get two games this weekend. I played and liked Snail Mail Lite. Now my first question is, is the full version worth it?

And the second question is about Low Grav Racer. It's been teasing me appearing in all the ads , but is it a racer like Cro-Mag, or is it a racer but half is mostly weapons and blowing up opponents? Is there any other good game like Low Grav out there?

Thanks!!
The full version of Snail Mail is amazing. You should definately get it.

Low Grav Racer is like Wipeout. So it is pretty good, and is a racer, with objectives, so it's not like CroMag. It has items that you can use, and is worth the $5 just because it's pretty fun and unique.

03-20-2009, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
The full version of Snail Mail is amazing. You should definately get it.

Low Grav Racer is like Wipeout. So it is pretty good, and is a racer, with objectives, so it's not like CroMag. It has items that you can use, and is worth the $5 just because it's pretty fun and unique.
OK I'm sold on Snail Mail (plus my friend showed me the cool stuff in the full version). So I'm getting it.

But Low Grav Racer for some reason just does not convince me. Any game like it? Or any game you recommend brew?

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

03-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Stick with just Snail Mail, save the rest for something else. SM will last you for a good minute!
03-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Snail Mail all the way, although Low Grav is a good app too. Snail Mail has some of the best controls and the wise cracking snail makes it fun. Low Grav's controls take a little getting used to, but the gameplay will keep you busy.
03-20-2009, 11:01 AM
I agree, Snail Mail has the best tilt control on iPhone and it deservedly won 'best use of accelerometer' award (I forgot who gave the award, just check their AppStore page).

I love the feel of controlling Turbo with accelerometer, though to be honest, I always use touch control for later stages.

If anything, I'd say do some research on Snail Mail 2 progress. I know it's in the works, so if it's close to release date, you might want to wait until 2.0 comes out. Then either get the 2.0 or get 1.0 on sale (just probably).

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
03-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Snail Mail will get you through the weekend, it's a challenging game. If you get bored with it for some reason (I don't know why!) or really get stuck (I got through every level except the last), you can always consider to get the other game. (Which I never played, so I can't comment on it. But if I would have really found it appealing, I would have gotten it.)

Stefan
03-20-2009, 11:11 AM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
OK I'm sold on Snail Mail (plus my friend showed me the cool stuff in the full version). So I'm getting it.

But Low Grav Racer for some reason just does not convince me. Any game like it? Or any game you recommend brew?
Well, you could get Rasta Monkey if you don't have it already. That's all I have.
03-20-2009, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spmwinkel View Post
Snail Mail will get you through the weekend, it's a challenging game. If you get bored with it for some reason (I don't know why!) or really get stuck (I got through every level except the last), you can always consider to get the other game. (Which I never played, so I can't comment on it. But if I would have really found it appealing, I would have gotten it.)
Yeah I'm getting Snail Mail. But does anyone know any game that's good that is the same price as Low Grav? I'm thinking Zen Bound but I dunno. It's not for everyone. And I want a game.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

03-20-2009, 11:16 AM
dont get low grav. I got it and its not that good. I dont really know any other good games right now for the same price though. Sorry...