Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-06-2010, 08:28 PM
sizzlakalonji's Avatar
sizzlakalonji sizzlakalonji is offline
Moderator
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 5,702
Default Big Cup Cricket - By Eidos

So, I really know very little about cricket, but I'm always on the lookout for quirky sports games. How complicated are the rules to a noob?


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Gabrien Gabrien is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
So, I really know very little about cricket, but I'm always on the lookout for quirky sports games. How complicated are the rules to a noob?
The rules are fairly simple and shouldn't pose a problem. A better question is, is this a good game? It would be the first one for cricket on the app store if so. Not sure about the cartoony graphics in this instance at all. "Bowel" instead of "bowl" in the app description doesn't inspire confidence. Flick/swipe control sounds promising though. Don't know, might just take a chance I guess. Maybe.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Gabrien Gabrien is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,149
Default Game Impressions

Well colour me stunned and call me Shirley, this is absolutely awesome. Why? Control. It just works twice as good as anything I hoped for and ten times better than what I expected. To sum up: you flick. When batting flick in the direction you want to hit the ball. When bowling, the longer the swipe the longer the bowl and swiping in an arc adds spin. Yes, actual, realistic, tangible spin.

I haven't gotten far into the various game modes yet, but I'm excited. Whether you like cricket or not is largely irrelevant here. If you're a fan of any of the better "flick" games, or anything by Full Fat or Pik Pok, (Bazooka? Mr Flippy?) you need to check out this game.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-06-2010, 10:36 PM
BazookaTime's Avatar
BazookaTime BazookaTime is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,879
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Well colour me stunned and call me Shirley, this is absolutely awesome. Why? Control. It just works twice as good as anything I hoped for and ten times better than what I expected. To sum up: you flick. When batting flick in the direction you want to hit the ball. When bowling, the longer the swipe the longer the bowl and swiping in an arc adds spin. Yes, actual, realistic, tangible spin.

I haven't gotten far into the various game modes yet, but I'm excited. Whether you like cricket or not is largely irrelevant here. If you're a fan of any of the better "flick" games, or anything by Full Fat or Pik Pok, (Bazooka? Mr Flippy?) you need to check out this game.
Thanks for the impressions, I will probably grab this.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-07-2010, 03:20 AM
Howlingwolf Howlingwolf is offline
Senior Member
iPad, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Uk
Posts: 2,191
Default

I agree with Gabrien great little game controls take a lot of practice but once mastered it's superb one small thing though is although this is universal on the iPad it doesn't fill the whole screen just as if you were playing a iPhone in 2x although the graphics are still crisp
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-08-2010, 06:28 AM
SwashbucklingStuff SwashbucklingStuff is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Hello, I was the designer on the game for Beautiful Game Studios, and we worked with Denki up in Dundee who were the dev team.

We're really, really proud of the game and i'm glad that so far the feedback we've had on the game has been unanimously positive!

If you have any feedback, improvements, questions or stuff we'd be delighted to hear from you - there's a Facebook page and stuff.

Thanks,

Tom
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-11-2010, 06:59 AM
bluewomble88 bluewomble88 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 732
Default

I'm in 2 minds about this game....

POSITIVES
- Excellent batting and bowling controls
- Looks great
- Sounds authentic
- So addictive

NEGATIVES
- Way WAY too easy even on elite difficulty. I bowled West Indies out for 39 in 3.2 overs!
- No real player names
- Too easy to catch the ball when it's high in the air.
- No online multiplayer.

Please increase the difficulty, it gets so boring very quickly otherwise.
Thanks.

Last edited by bluewomble88; 12-11-2010 at 07:10 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-13-2010, 05:02 PM
ian1969uk ian1969uk is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 633
Default

Really enjoying this game.

One bug I have encountered though. I bowled a swinging delivery which started out wide and came back in to hit the stumps. Should be out. But the game gave it as a wide, which is impossible for a ball that has hit the stumps.

Other than that, this is really great.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-16-2010, 04:45 AM
SwashbucklingStuff SwashbucklingStuff is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Hi Ian we are away of that bug and if we release an update we will look to tackle it, thanks for your feedback!

The Lite version of the game went live last night so if anyone is in 2 minds about it give it a go for free.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-17-2010, 11:32 AM
bluewomble88 bluewomble88 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwashbucklingStuff View Post
Hi Ian we are away of that bug and if we release an update we will look to tackle it, thanks for your feedback!

The Lite version of the game went live last night so if anyone is in 2 minds about it give it a go for free.
Hi

Can you confirm if you are going to add multiplayer and make the game harder?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent