★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: iHeroes HD

12-06-2010, 09:29 PM
iHeroesHD

This just came out and I snapped it right up. It's a small download, however, launching the game takes you to a screen where you are asked if you want to download the necessary files to run the game. It asserts that 3DO has made these game files available to anybody but I have no way of verifying that.

After it loads, you re-launch the application and are taken to the standard Heroes 2 menu. I was a bit anxious when I saw it because it only takes up the center of the screen. However, after starting a new game, I was relieved to find that the game fills the entire screen and the graphics look pretty sharp! You can tell its a port of the PC version because there is a cursor. However, the simulated mouse control seems to work ok, and everything is large enough on the iPad's screen that you won't feel that you need a stylus to play.

It comes with a LOT of maps, but there doesn't seem to be a way to download more.

Lastly, the music is missing.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/iheroeshd/id406161126?mt=8

Last edited by Ubisububi; 12-09-2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Added iTunes Link and Fixed Title
12-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Isn't this Heroes Might Magic 2 ??
If so.. *and looks like it..*
would be an instant buy

12-06-2010, 10:02 PM
It is Heroes 2, not just a port. I have played a bit with it by now and even with the large screen, navigation by touch is still difficult (although much better than on the iPhone). Other, weird issues have also popped up. For example, when saving a game, you have no way of naming your game something different than the default number string, as no keyboard pops up. Also, map scrolling doesn't work very well.

Still, it's Heroes 2 for $2. I, for one, am happy to have it.
12-06-2010, 10:39 PM
ok.. bought it...
Good old memories.. better then ths Heroes for the Itouch on 2x.

Seems like it's an PC port, since it's downloading the PC maps.
the scrolling is kinda choppy, but who knows.. there might be an update later on.

downside is that it downloads the maps, due to the licensing, but what if that
site disappears... then the game is worthless.
so I hope that you can backup the maps in Itunes.. gotta try later on.
12-06-2010, 11:03 PM
The graphics and overall control is done real well. The icon goes where you point it unlike some iDOS games and even I think the heroes series on iDOS. So it's worth getting it even if you have the iDOS emu, what do u guys think? ESP with the extra maps.
12-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pka4916 View Post
ok.. bought it...
Good old memories.. better then ths Heroes for the Itouch on 2x.

Seems like it's an PC port, since it's downloading the PC maps.
the scrolling is kinda choppy, but who knows.. there might be an update later on.

downside is that it downloads the maps, due to the licensing, but what if that
site disappears... then the game is worthless.
so I hope that you can backup the maps in Itunes.. gotta try later on.
Isn't heroes fir the touch the first game in the series or is it also heroes 2? It also only has one map so that makes this better by default.
12-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Hold tight for "Palm Heroes" for iPad. The developer made a WAYYY better variation of Heroes for iPhone (port of Palm game). It rocks the bells, my friends. He has mentioned an iPad sequel.

This will be great.
12-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icepulse View Post
Hold tight for "Palm Heroes" for iPad. The developer made a WAYYY better variation of Heroes for iPhone (port of Palm game). It rocks the bells, my friends. He has mentioned an iPad sequel.

This will be great.

So, there will be a Ipad version ? where did you get that info ?
12-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Can we get some screen shots?
12-06-2010, 11:19 PM
i know this is off topic but IM A SENIOR MEMBER!!!!!