★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Dr. Zomba - New 3D Game

03-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Dr. Zomba - New 3D Game

Description sounds great, and screen shots look like a lot of fun is to be had here...

Has anyone TOFTT on this yet? Just spent the rest of my money on Let's Golf & MGS.
03-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Dr. Zomba

Wow it actually looks good. Wonder how the controls work.

Last edited by darkhorse; 03-20-2009 at 10:38 AM.

03-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Here's a video of the game...

http://www.doctorzomba.com/

It's a distorted version of Mr. Smith and actually reminds me of Chucky from the Child's Play movies (listen for the voice and the laugh and you'll know what I mean.
03-20-2009, 10:40 AM
sorry i didn't post the link - it only came out two hors ago, and i figured you had to see the new apps before you got to the thread. Only 4 have been released after it.
03-20-2009, 10:42 AM
I picked it up and its pretty cool. Not that much to do except pick on the doll and fight the doll. It's fun but might not be on the phone too much longer. I like the idea of putting a persons face on the doll though.
03-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radchad1 View Post
I picked it up and its pretty cool. Not that much to do except pick on the doll and fight the doll. It's fun but might not be on the phone too much longer. I like the idea of putting a persons face on the doll though.
How long have you gone in game mode? does it get harder? how long does it last?
03-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGill View Post
How long have you gone in game mode? does it get harder? how long does it last?
yes it get's much harder the more rounds you go with the doll. For the first round it's just teasing you as you move the camera around trying to hit the doll. The next rounds the doll actually starts fighting back and attacking you, which you and the doll both have life bars.
03-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radchad1 View Post
yes it get's much harder the more rounds you go with the doll. For the first round it's just teasing you as you move the camera around trying to hit the doll. The next rounds the doll actually starts fighting back and attacking you, which you and the doll both have life bars.
Is it controlled by the accelerometer?
03-20-2009, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGill View Post
Is it controlled by the accelerometer?
You control the camera with your finger and touch the screen to hit the doll with the weapon you are using. in the torture mode you use the accelerometer to fling the doll around the screen after you take all the energy away from the doll. In the torture mode you have the option of reviving the doll to beat up again, again and again. Plus, in the torture mode you can use all the weapons in the game, in the game mode you have to earn the weapons which has some replay vaule since you need to earn the weapons to beat the doll before it beats you.
03-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Also downloaded it and have to admit, it has alot potential!!
Graphics are very nice, the sound ist fantastic. Really like it.

Game is very simple at the moment but challenging.
In later levels of the game mode, the puppet tricks you alot.
And when you shoot dummies instead of the one real puppet,
you lose energy. Somehow I enjoy this title, the weapons look
great and I see alot potenital to bring in more game deepness.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..