★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: games you wished you'd waited on (or not)?

03-20-2009, 11:42 AM
games you wished you'd waited on (or not)?

Hi guys, just a quick couple of Q's......

1) what games did you pay full price for, but wished you'd known to wait for either for a price drop or lite version release, or not buy at all?

2) what games did you pay full price for, and were happy even though they had a price drop or lite version release later on?

3) what games did you wait for the lite versions, and were grateful you did?

Mine are -

1) fastlane, icopter, idracula, skythunder, zoneworrior, tikitowers - i still like these games, but would prefer the Lite versions as i only play a level or so at most on them. or even a $1 price would have made me happy.

2) cromag, x-planes, toybots, zombieville - most excellent. happy paying the full price.

3) sway, SW force unleashed, rolando, katamari, - enjoyable, and gives me a good idea of what i'll upgrade full price to. The power of the 'Lite'
03-20-2009, 11:48 AM
1. None yet. I'm relatively new to the idevice.

2. Theseus. It was worth it at the full prize, so I wasn't too sorry I missed out on the sale.

3. Zentomino. I'm glad there was a lite, I don't think I would've gotten it if I didn't try the game for myself. Subway Shuffle is probably the other one I will get, now that I'm done with the lite version.

03-20-2009, 11:49 AM
I have one off the yop of my head: MGST I should of waited for lower pice and all 20 levels.
03-20-2009, 11:50 AM
1. Wish I waited for price drop on rolando
2. I never really got burned except on rolando
3. I love katamari, x-plane, bike or die,
03-20-2009, 11:51 AM
1) Lux DLX, Westward, SimCity, Flick Fishing, Asphalt 4

2) Crazy Skateboard, Brothers in Arms, Hero of Sparta

3) i hate lite versions, they make me puke.
03-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashzed View Post

3) i hate lite versions, they make me puke.
why is that?
03-20-2009, 12:02 PM
1) Warfare inc. My first RTS and I can't get into it I'll give it another go eventually.

2) Besiegement, Heavy mech, 7cities.

3). None really.
03-20-2009, 12:44 PM
1. 7 cities, SimCity, Zen Bound.

2. Trism, FieldRunners, Touchgrind.

3. Galcon and Zentomino, lite versions got me to buy the full version.

Twitter: @Zincous
03-20-2009, 12:45 PM
1. Brothers in arms only because I only played it twice and wasn't into it. I have no plans to really play it again.

2. The Quest, Supermarket Mania, Let's Golf, G.I. Joyride, Chocolatier, Agency Wars, Dr. Arugula, Oregon Trail, Virtual Villagers 2: The Lost Children, Touchsports Tennis, 3D BrickBreaker, Ace Tennis, Monopoly, Westward and Chocolate Shop Frenzy

3. Rolando which was horribly boring and a disappointment. Deleted it immediately and Diamond Islands because it made me realize I could never get the full version.
03-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Hmmm.....I try to make the best of any situation but some things deserve deletion. Here are a few of mine in no particular order.

- Billy Frontier ( I am not a fan of games where the character moves for me )
- Cromag Rally ( fell short on just about everything to me )
- Attack From The Dead ( I felt claustrophobic playing that game since the main character is stuck in an imaginary column )
- Rolando ( I just don't like it haha )

Touch K.O. Knockout Kid