★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mobile Gaming Year in Review 2010 - IGN

12-07-2010, 07:49 AM
#1
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,175
Mobile Gaming Year in Review 2010 - IGN

http://au.wireless.ign.com/articles/113/1138530p1.html

I am very happy to see that 95% of the article is talking about the iOS devices, and the other 5% are how Android and WP7 don't currently offer the same level of gaming as the iPhone.

Opinions?

Occasional Reviewer on ThePortableGamer
Official Reviewer on Razorianfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.
12-07-2010, 09:51 AM
#2
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
Posts: 13,251
Hell yeah! Go apple.

12-07-2010, 10:22 AM
#3
Apple offer great devices that are easy to use and very powerful. Add in great games by big companies and indies alike and you've got a winner.

Currently playing Infinity Blade
Add me on Game Center! rottenappleipad
12-07-2010, 11:31 AM
#4
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,373
iGaming= Win!

Game Center: Diligence
12-07-2010, 03:28 PM
#5
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 288
I can't believe that they made no mention of Aralon in the article. They're talking about Infinity Blade like it's the best thing since sliced bread and it hasn't even come out yet. Aralon has gotten absolutely no coverage from IGN and it certainly will be one of those games that will really boost iOS as a gaming platform.

Twitter: @JZWilliams
GameCenter/OpenFeint/GameloftID/Disc Drivin'/Hero Academy: zman2100
12-07-2010, 05:44 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
Posts: 13,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman2100 View Post
I can't believe that they made no mention of Aralon in the article. They're talking about Infinity Blade like it's the best thing since sliced bread and it hasn't even come out yet. Aralon has gotten absolutely no coverage from IGN and it certainly will be one of those games that will really boost iOS as a gaming platform.
Who cares what IGN thinks anymore? Wasn't that like over 5 years ago..
12-07-2010, 06:29 PM
#7
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman2100 View Post
They're talking about Infinity Blade like it's the best thing since sliced bread and it hasn't even come out yet. Aralon has gotten absolutely no coverage from IGN and it certainly will be one of those games that will really boost iOS as a gaming platform.
^------- Who wants to play "find the contradiction?"
12-07-2010, 06:40 PM
#8
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Termina
Posts: 1,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
^------- Who wants to play "find the contradiction?"
Me!

Is it that he is condemning IGN for saying Infinity Blade is amazing when it's not out (yet they have a preview build) when he himself is assuming the same for Aralon when he hasn't played it?

Hey I'm Rob, I occasionally write for TouchArcade! Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robfunnell3
12-07-2010, 07:04 PM
#9
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by diffusion8r View Post
Me!

Is it that he is condemning IGN for saying Infinity Blade is amazing when it's not out (yet they have a preview build) when he himself is assuming the same for Aralon when he hasn't played it?
Someone just earned themselves 10 points for Gryffindor

Occasional Reviewer on ThePortableGamer
Official Reviewer on Razorianfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.
12-07-2010, 11:03 PM
#10
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 288
Haha ok so maybe that does sound ridiculously contradictory but you get my point. Still is odd that they haven't given it a single bit of coverage when it has gotten so much love on other sites but then again, it is IGN.

Twitter: @JZWilliams
GameCenter/OpenFeint/GameloftID/Disc Drivin'/Hero Academy: zman2100