★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Appular
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 44.0 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Check Out the Link Below for Exclusion Zone's Game Trailer:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoMpcHjuesY

"The gameplay is addictingthis has been the game most likely to eat up an hour at a time latelyso be forewarned." - Wired.com

Exclusion Zone redefines the genre of line-drawing games with an explosive twist!

The enemy is launching a full-on raid on the countrys land and naval bases! Your mission is to defend your stronghold from foreign crafts with anti-aircraft missiles before they land! You must mobilize the base and prepare the silos for an aerial onslaught!

DEFEND!
Intercept 6 different types of adversaries, ranging from B-2 Stealth Bombers to Apache Helicopters, in five different maps, each with unique environments and landing patterns!

DESTROY!
Shoot missiles at incoming planes with the swipe of a finger and use bonus super-weapons: EMP (Electro-Magnetic Pulse) and Bonus Homing Missiles!

SPEED!
Test your reaction time and reflexes with two different in-game speed modes!

COMPETE!
OpenFeint integration allows you to share achievements and leaderboards for each of the five maps, adding an integral social element and intensifying the competition.

Exclusion Zone packs major heat! Its explosive addictive gameplay will keep you gripped for hours on end!

Neal_O's comments:
Hey Everybody!

Appular has released it's fourth title, Exclusion Zone: Anti-Air Warefare!
Check it out and let us know your thoughts and comments on the game. We love to hear from you guys.

12-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Looks really nice, I might wait for some impressions to come through though

I don't see the point in signatures..... So here's a gun to keep you entertained *""

12-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Just got this. I'll try to post something soon.

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
12-07-2010, 07:01 PM
This looks pretty darn good. I'll probably get it later today.
12-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Alright. Got some playing time, and here's what I have so far:

Basically you control a missile base and have to prevent planes from landing. By swiping on the screen and dragging out a path, you can direct the missile in the direction that you want. It's like Flight Control except that you're preventing planes from landing rather than trying to land planes.

There's only one thing that I noticed which kind of throws you off and I'm guessing that you need to get used to it and predict where planes are going: once you draw a path for the missile, you can't redirect it which really stinks because half of the time you miss your target, and when the missile is in the air, you don't have another one. I've died a lot because I haven't been able to shoot a missile in time to shoot down the plane that I previously missed.

The pros are the music, and the content. Artwork is a little flat and dull - not too polished. Would like to see a little bit more.

As far as I can see the game has a considerable amount of achievements. All in all not such a bad game, but needs a little tweaking.

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
12-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Thanks for posting your initial impressions

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
12-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the impressions. Keep 'em coming, We really appreciate it and we're constantly working on making this game the best it can be.
12-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Exclusion Zone Launch Contest!

Just want to let everyone know that Appular is having a contest to celebrate the release of Exclusion Zone.

If you can shoot down at least 100 planes, you will be entered to win up to three $50 Visa Gift Cards!

Click HERE for more details on how to enter.
12-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Game Impressions

Hey Gang,

Here are some impressions of mine from an earlier incarnation of the game just to give you an idea of what to expect even though I think this release is even more polished and expanded:

Quote:
Originally Posted by My impressions of Earlier Version
I played a bit of the first two levels and it is cute and goofy.

In a sense it is the AI playing Flight Control and you're there to screw things up!

I just played a bit of the first two maps but I think it will be the same basic idea in all of the maps. You control the missiles but only their initial launch, once you pick up your finger from drawing out the path you want them to take, that's it, there is no adjusting their flight once in the air. But, like any good line drawer, that initial path you give them can be as screwy as you want (looping and zig zagging all over if you'd like). The big catch, however, is that each of your missile launchers (only 2 in the first two levels) can only have one missile in flight at any one time so if you send some missile off on a crazy journey of self discovery, you'll have a useless launcher until the missile finally does hit something or flies off screen. So the game often comes down to a lot of bare knuckle, "Will I get a chance to fire another missile before it is too late!"

While they can come onto the screen from any direction, just like Flight Control, you'll know by their color coding which landing strip they're heading to and, lucky for you, they usually shoot straight for it so it help in planning your missile flight paths when you know the exact point they're shooting for. The game ends once any one gets through and lands but luck for you, at least with the jets, you'll still have a few seconds while it is already on the runway to blast it away.

4.5/5 (while great, I would have loved to see some sort of combo system and or some varied weapons)
Does this now have a combo system or more varied weapons?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Hey Gang,

Here are some impressions of mine from an earlier incarnation of the game just to give you an idea of what to expect even though I think this release is even more polished and expanded:

Does this now have a combo system or more varied weapons?
Hey Gek,

This version does have some more varied weapons. It now includes bonus weapons (EMP and Homing Missiles) that you can receive by shooting down special "power up" planes. It also has a new scoring mechanism along with the number of planes shot down.

The developers are also plan on adding new maps with updates that should be available in the very near future.