★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Fun, well designed games on iPhone 4?

12-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Fun, well designed games on iPhone 4?

Hi guys!

I just got an iPhone 4, and have gotten a great slew of games for it. I'm a hardcore gamer, but I appreciate creativity, nice art and good controls on iOS games.

I've seen a lot of beautiful, fun looking games lately for these devices but I don't know their names!

I got:

Mushihime Bug Panic (love it)!
Pix'n Rush (love it)!
Espgaluda 2
Broken Sword
Doodle Jump
Angry Birds
Mirror's Edge
Across Edge
Time Geeks

Please recommend me some good, artsy fun games! (I've already skimmed through the reviews on the site!)

12-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Lego Harry Potter
Reckless Racing (looks amazing!)
Sentinel 3

Those have been my favorite games with retina support so far.

And you supposed to direct all these kind of questions here -> http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...threadid=23990

iPhone Game Developer and UI Engineer.
I will buy any games that support iCade, and I'll buy all in-app purchases if it has 2 player wifi/Bluetooth iCade support

12-07-2010, 04:11 PM
My top 5 atm:

Game Dev Story
Cut The Rope
Age of Zombies
Space Miner: Space Ore Bust - New retina update just came out, so if you haven't played this it'll amaze you.
They Need To Be Fed

Last edited by Cilo; 12-07-2010 at 04:20 PM.
12-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Cut the rope
Fruit Ninja
Dead Runner
UFO on Tape

Hakuna Matata
12-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Hardcore + nice art? Silverfish & Spirit fit the bill, though I may be a tad biased

Nozoku Rush · Kick Math's Ass!
Critter Panic · Break yer brain! FREE!
Silverfish & Silverfish MAX · Hardcore arcade insanity!
Nozoku · A casual game of math & logic.
More: cbox.me · Twitter · YouTube
12-07-2010, 05:49 PM
For iPhone 4 be sure to get: Space Miner Blast, Flight Control, Fruit Ninja, Galaxy On Fire 2, NFS Hot Pursuit / Real Racing (or wait for Real Racing 2), Labyrinth 2, Rage HD, Reckless Racing, Samurai 2, Sentinel 3, Spider: the Secret of Bryce Manor, SteamBirds, Tilt to Live, Zen Bound 2. Just a few to get startin.

Game Center ID: mvanbeem
12-07-2010, 05:55 PM
+1 for cut the rope, it's amazingly addictive trying to get all the stars in every level, if you're looking for something with wow factor then infinity blade is released tomorrow/next day (depending on territory) and looks graphically astounding for a game on a phone.

Last edited by Rasterico; 12-07-2010 at 05:58 PM.
12-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Osmos...definitely fits your needs.
Zen Bound 2
PathPix Pro
Love Love
Labyrinth 2

GameCenter = McCREE

*please, no more RR3 friend requests*
12-10-2010, 01:13 PM
I’ll suggest Chop Sushi. I don’t care about sushi, matching games, or turn-based combat, and it doesn’t have retina graphics (though it’s a case where you’ll hardly notice).

And yet somehow I couldn’t put it down until I’d beaten every enemy! The game mechanic is unique (more strategic than “match 3”) and the art/music is great.

And for retina graphics, check out geoDefense. More action-oriented than normal TD... and hard!

EDIT: How could I forget Helsing’s Fire? Beautiful, fun, original, and retina-sharp!

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)