★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Fun, well designed games on iPhone 4?

12-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Fun, well designed games on iPhone 4?

Hi guys!

I just got an iPhone 4, and have gotten a great slew of games for it. I'm a hardcore gamer, but I appreciate creativity, nice art and good controls on iOS games.

I've seen a lot of beautiful, fun looking games lately for these devices but I don't know their names!

I got:

Mushihime Bug Panic (love it)!
Pix'n Rush (love it)!
Espgaluda 2
Broken Sword
Doodle Jump
Angry Birds
Mirror's Edge
Across Edge
Time Geeks

Please recommend me some good, artsy fun games! (I've already skimmed through the reviews on the site!)

Thanks!
12-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Lego Harry Potter
Labyrinth2
Samurai2
Carcassonne
Reckless Racing (looks amazing!)
Sentinel 3

Those have been my favorite games with retina support so far.

And you supposed to direct all these kind of questions here -> http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...threadid=23990

iPhone Game Developer and UI Engineer.
I will buy any games that support iCade, and I'll buy all in-app purchases if it has 2 player wifi/Bluetooth iCade support
Plus+:Gnarkiii
OpenFeint:GnarKiLL

12-07-2010, 04:11 PM
My top 5 atm:

Game Dev Story
Cut The Rope
Age of Zombies
Space Miner: Space Ore Bust - New retina update just came out, so if you haven't played this it'll amaze you.
They Need To Be Fed

Last edited by Cilo; 12-07-2010 at 04:20 PM.
12-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Osmos
Cut the rope
Fruit Ninja
Plunderland
Dead Runner
Solipskier
Aerox
UFO on Tape
Agents

Hakuna Matata
12-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Hardcore + nice art? Silverfish & Spirit fit the bill, though I may be a tad biased

SHREDD · GO FAST! FREE!
Nozoku Rush · Kick Math's Ass!
Critter Panic · Break yer brain! FREE!
Silverfish & Silverfish MAX · Hardcore arcade insanity!
Nozoku · A casual game of math & logic.
More: cbox.me · Twitter · YouTube
12-07-2010, 05:49 PM
For iPhone 4 be sure to get: Space Miner Blast, Flight Control, Fruit Ninja, Galaxy On Fire 2, NFS Hot Pursuit / Real Racing (or wait for Real Racing 2), Labyrinth 2, Rage HD, Reckless Racing, Samurai 2, Sentinel 3, Spider: the Secret of Bryce Manor, SteamBirds, Tilt to Live, Zen Bound 2. Just a few to get startin.

TwitterTumblr

Game Center ID: mvanbeem
12-07-2010, 05:55 PM
+1 for cut the rope, it's amazingly addictive trying to get all the stars in every level, if you're looking for something with wow factor then infinity blade is released tomorrow/next day (depending on territory) and looks graphically astounding for a game on a phone.

Last edited by Rasterico; 12-07-2010 at 05:58 PM.
12-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Osmos...definitely fits your needs.
Silverfish
Wispin
Solipskier
Zen Bound 2
Trainyard
PathPix Pro
Peggle
Love Love
Labyrinth 2

GameCenter = McCREE

*please, no more RR3 friend requests*
12-10-2010, 01:13 PM
I’ll suggest Chop Sushi. I don’t care about sushi, matching games, or turn-based combat, and it doesn’t have retina graphics (though it’s a case where you’ll hardly notice).

And yet somehow I couldn’t put it down until I’d beaten every enemy! The game mechanic is unique (more strategic than “match 3”) and the art/music is great.

And for retina graphics, check out geoDefense. More action-oriented than normal TD... and hard!

EDIT: How could I forget Helsing’s Fire? Beautiful, fun, original, and retina-sharp!

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)