★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The fate of Christmas is in your hands. Santa Claus has suddenly vanished and its up to his Elves to quickly gather all the gifts from the workshop and load the sleigh. This simple, challenging, and addicting game will bring joy to you and most importantly to many children this year. Help spread the word and Save Christmas!

savingchristmas's comments:
I hope you all can take a few moments this holiday season to give a little something back for those who are less fortunate that most of us. We created Saving Christmas for that very reason. The purpose of the game is to provide some holiday fun while supporting the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation. It is an easy way to give something to help put a smile on a child's face at Christmas, who would have otherwise never had a present to open.

Here is the short description of the game and I hope you can take the time to enjoy it and the updates that are coming soon and take with you the satisfaction of helping out a good cause. If you feel that you want to give back more this year, please head over to Toys for Tots or any other charity and show your support.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/saving-christmas/id406452586?mt=8

I hope that all of you who download the game take a moment to give it positive feedback in support for a good cause. Thanks to all who have shown support for Toys for Tots by donating toys or downloading this game.

I notice some concern over legitimacy, so here are some additional links to help. Thanks for your support in advance.

Thiinkstudios.com http://www.thiinkstudios.com
Toys for Tots: http://www.toysfortots.org/corporate...ns/default.asp
12-07-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm kinda wondering if this is a scam. I mean don't get the wrong idea, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I'm just paranoid about everything 50% of the time.

12-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdino View Post
I'm kinda wondering if this is a scam. I mean don't get the wrong idea, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I'm just paranoid about everything 50% of the time.
No it is a real game. How could a game be a scam BTW?

They even have links to TFT on their website. http://www.thiinkstudios.com/
12-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Hmm, I guess your right. Might have to pick this up to support the cause.
12-07-2010, 05:15 PM
I understand your concerns, however, Saving Christmas is definitely not a scam in anyway. It was created with full permission from Toys for Tots to help out the organization in creating awareness and support. We created this game to help support a foundation that we feel is very deserving of as much support as possible. We hope that it can help out as many less fortunate children this year. Feel free to contact me if you want to learn more.

You can find out more at www.thiinkstudios.com or visit http://www.toysfortots.org/corporate...ns/default.asp

Most importantly, we are hoping that everyone supports those in need this year. We are hoping to provide one avenue for support

Last edited by savingchristmas; 12-07-2010 at 05:19 PM.
12-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savingchristmas View Post
I understand your concerns, however, Saving Christmas is definitely not a scam in anyway. It was created with full permission from Toys for Tots to help out the organization in creating awareness and support. We created this game to help support a foundation that we feel is very deserving of as much support as possible. We hope that it can help out as many less fortunate children this year. Feel free to contact me if you want to learn more.

You can find out more at www.thiinkstudios.com or visit http://www.toysfortots.org/corporate...ns/default.asp

Most importantly, we are hoping that everyone supports those in need this year. We are hoping to provide one avenue for support

I fully understand. This is why I posted that it was NOT a scam and was a real game.

I think you must have got me confused with the the poster.

I see you took out the first part..wheww..

Good luck and I hope tons of people buy this game and feel an urge to donate to TFT!
12-10-2010, 01:30 AM
Nice Game, Great Cause, C'mon Apple!

I purchased the game and its quite fun as a Holiday app regardless. Its short, cute, and doesn't pretend to be anything that it isn't. The thing I love about it is that it is great for kids and enjoyable for adults alike. I'm excited for the release of Arcade mode. I want more levels!

And somewhat related to the game and other's comments (not to sound negative towards anyone because I truly respect everyone's perspective)...I really understand that some people have concerns about being taken advantage of but after seeing this game and looking on the Toys for Tots website, it certainly needs to receive the credit it deserves for being charitable. I'd like to cheer on things like this versus a totally for-profit game like Angry Birds (I love it stlll, BTW). I'm more frustrated, however, with Apple and their lack of position on these things. So much good could come to the world by a little care from some of these folks and a strong position by Apple to encourage it when its legitimate. I just read an article on Gizmodo about this exact type of app and the position Apple takes (I think it talked about Paypal's charity app).

Anyways...sorry for my side-rant! Great game and cause! I hope you do more with this in the future.
12-10-2010, 05:23 AM
We have decided to donate a few extra downloads for the game, but if you enjoy the game, we hope that you will seriously consider purchasing it, suggesting it to your friends or family, and going to a drop box and donating a toy to help out Toys for Tots! The goal of the app is to give back to the community and help children who need it out this holiday season.

Please use these to enjoy the game and we would appreciate some positive feedback/reviews on the app store Happy Holidays!

ATYJXPWTTM64
E47PEM4AMMJL
3L9F4WJT33YE
P9ARA4RYEJR6
AWK66TEYWR49