★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Kretures HD (Now Universal)

12-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Kretures HD (Now Universal)

Phone Version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kretures/id351632067?mt=8

Free Version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kretures-hd-lite/id412363373?mt=8

Mac Version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kretures/id414487660?mt=12

Gameplay Video (Taken on the Mac Version):

Last edited by PrecociousP; 06-08-2011 at 11:25 AM.
12-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Mmm I'm in a Tower Defense spree/frenzy so I could give it a try.

12-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Well, to celebrate the fact the promocodes can now be used worldwide, here's 7 for Kretures HD.

6HMX6YP39H7N
RHW67AW3ML4F
TJTEMNPX79JE
AJNKHKL3AMR4
JM7W64TN6EL6
9K4ERPAA7NYE
WERL7FY9EKYP

Hopefully that will encourage a couple more folks to give it a try.
12-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Don't use codes but tried the demo, well I wonder why so few different towers. Also levels seems just infinite levels or last too long.

There's perhaps some good idea with maze approach, teleport points, improving improving range only. But the whole is too dry, it's like a finished game with an unfinished design.
12-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Took WERL7FY9EKYP. Thanks. Will review.
12-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Used RHW67AW3ML4F.

Thanks.
12-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
Don't use codes but tried the demo
Thanks for taking a look Qordobo! I'd still suggest you should try a code. There are some pretty big differences (esp for iPad users) in the HD version over the lite and non-hd versions including full iPad support & Retina support, all new graphics, and visualized tower upgrades.

Quote:
I wonder why so few different towers.
This is on purpose (although I may add more in the future ) . Rather than have a ton of towers where only a few had any real effect on the endgame, I went minimalist. I wanted the concentration to be on placement and upgrades and to make sure that all the towers had an important purpose.

Quote:
levels seems just infinite levels or last too long.
Yep all the levels are infinite right now.

Last edited by PrecociousP; 12-10-2010 at 12:50 PM.
12-10-2010, 01:59 PM
All the codes are gone.

If you PM me a new code, I'll leave a review on iTunes. I have an iPad!

Now Playing: , Civilization Rev for iPad, Hero Academy, Sonic Racing, Kingdom Rush, Dungeon Raid, Where's my Where's My Water updates?
01-21-2011, 12:48 AM
I really enjoyed the demo. Just left quick feedback on iTunes. The engine here is very nice, as is the art. My only complaint is also the lack of towers. You have the one offensive, two defensive, and a unique one. I think at least two more offensive units are needed to make the game come alive in a true td fashion.

If there were more offensive towers I'd buy this In a minute after trying the demo, it's very polished, just feels sparse.

Make a new tower that for example is a monkey that throws boomerang bananas, and HAS to be built in the trees themselves, as opposed to on a clear path. Upgrading the unit eventually puts additional monkeys into the tree. Kind of like you have more cannons appear on the offensive tower.

Another could be an eagle nest, or perhaps killer gopher holes placed on the path.

Just ideas to spice things up.
05-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the great feedback araczynski! I would have responded earlier but its taken me a while to figure out what new tower to add ... and then to find the time to add it

But the new version of Kretures HD for ios is finally here (there is also a mac version now as well) and it includes fire towers.

Fire towers hurl fireballs down lines of approaching mobs. The more you upgrade a fire tower, the more directions it can defend at once. The fireballs themselves will not stop until they hit an obstacle like a tree or other tower. The can cross water and even traverse teleports allowing the creation of nearly endless corridors of fiery death.

Also in the new version is a preferences screen where you can turn off the bg music or sound, as well as purely graphical elements like beaches or shadows to improve performance on older devices.

Finally your base's healthbar in the upper right will blink when its under attack making it easier to see on devices like macs and ipads that don't vibrate.

Hope you enjoy it! Its certainly not as visually creative as monkeys throwing bananas ... but I don't think I could draw those very well But I still have a ton of room on the bottom bar (on iPads and Macs at least) for banana chucking monkey towers in the future!