Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-08-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezak View Post
Not attacking you personnaly, but can the press say: Well, this was ok but I really wanted Oblivion, so I'm 1 star'ing this crap...

Or maybe, just maybe, not everyone was actually expecting this to be the Elders Scrolls with 250 hours of gameplay on an iPhone....
I'm not sure many people were expecting it to be Fruit Ninja, either...
Old 12-08-2010, 07:04 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappa View Post
link please
I simply clicked on the link from page 1 and it worked fine for me (located in Germany)!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHerm View Post
out in europe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHerm View Post
I simply clicked on the link from page 1 and it worked fine for me (located in Germany)!
yea! thank you. downloading.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hvy4grvty View Post
Looks like a trend is forming. Press scores and reader (aka us) scores have a pretty big discrepancy. IB, your mediocrity is showing.
I think it shows that some people who hadn't checked the previews were expecting a free-roam RPG. As of now, 18 readers have given an average of 7.1. Opinions will vary, but anyone who knows what it is and is not meant to be would not give it less than 7.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:07 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider25 View Post
Looks like IGN put up their review: http://wireless.ign.com/articles/113/1137190p1.html
I think this is a good review because it focuses on the fact that IB is an action game. That's what it is, and categorizing it as an RPG is really a disservice because it potentially creates the wrong expectations. While I haven't yet played this, I don't think people are exaggerating their excitement about Infinity Blade.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:08 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

wow.... the icon sure sucks
Old 12-08-2010, 07:09 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Infinity Blade (as expected) has very atmospheric, detailed graphics. It is also extremely short (per bloodline) with only a few battles before you face the 'God King'. It is also very linear, as taking a different path will just give you an extra enemy or two and a treasure chest, and there are only two times it diverges in this way.
I do, predictably, wish that it was a free-roaming game, as the castle is so beautiful that I really want to wander around and have a good look at it.
The combat is interesting and for me reasonably challenging, although it does feel like you are really spamming attacks with wild, random swiping as opposed to precise, controlled combos.
Where strategy does come in in combat is in the parry system which works very well and is satisfying: you feel like it takes some skill to parry an incoming attack. You also need to judge whether a given attack can be dodged/blocked or parried, as some are easily parried, while others are best blocked. Some enemies are lumbering and slow, while others are agile, and you need to have different combat strategies for each.
Hopefully the promised updates come, as multi-player could be absolutely amazing, and where this game really shines.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:09 PM

It's minimalist because they don't need any more flash and pizazz... they have plenty already in-game. And oh is it great
Old 12-08-2010, 07:14 PM
iPhone 3GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream View Post
I'm not sure many people were expecting it to be Fruit Ninja, either...
Well, maybe those should have watched the keynote, and not just drool on the unreal engine tech demo...
Old 12-08-2010, 07:17 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

In general, Infinity Blade follows the proud trail of inadequacy laid down by Reckless Racing: what's there is oh, so good, but boy, do we wish there was more of it.

A small touch which would have one a lot for a game that is based on the concept of multiple playthroughs would have been greater randomization of enemies. Currently, the enemies you encounter differ in name, level and difficulty, and smaller cosmetic details, but are the same size, use the same model, and fight in the same manner as enemies encountered in the same spot in other Bloodlines (playthroughs).

Also, while the visual variation in terms of color and armor is good, there only seems to be three or four enemy sizes, apart from the God King. And, since each size comes with just one fighting style, and one regular death animation (with only two or three deviations that I've discovered so far), battles are far from as varied as they could be.

But oh, mine, are some of the melee mechanics good...

Last edited by salsamd; 12-08-2010 at 07:25 PM..