Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-08-2010, 09:17 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

I have a 3rd gen ipod touch and i want to grab this one bad but im scared im going to have lag/framerate issues with it, anyone with a 3rd gen touch have any impressions?
Old 12-08-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadad1 View Post
I am finding the swipe controls for battle surprisingly good for defensive blocking and combo attacks making battles very strategic and fun but timing is of the essence, move to soon or too late and you get clobbered.
I'm glad to hear that someone likes the controls. I generally don't like swipe controls, so I was afraid that they might end up clunky. Maybe I was just worrying needlessly.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:42 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
I have a 3rd gen ipod touch and i want to grab this one bad but im scared im going to have lag/framerate issues with it, anyone with a 3rd gen touch have any impressions?
If its the 32gb or 64gb 3rd GEN you shouldn't have problems I think the lack of Retina actually helps sometimes gamewise as I had no lag at all in Fifa 2011 or even Rage HD.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:55 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 12-08-2010, 10:28 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

this game is really growing on me. I'm starting to really enjoy it. Its in-depth in its own unique way.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:37 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

I'm enjoying the melee battles, although I have to admit I still really wish I could walk around. I also wish they had placed more enemies in and around the castle. One bloodline passes all too quickly.

The one thing I truly dislike is the app icon, which so does not match up to the beauty of the game.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:41 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Looks wonderful on the iPad, very smooth
Old 12-08-2010, 10:45 AM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by shap08 View Post
Review

Sorry it took so long! My download was really slow for some reason….

Ok so here is my review of Infinity Blades. Im sure you all know the back ground of this game and the hype that has revolved around its release.
I hope you enjoy my review and it sparks you either to wait for a price drop or snatch it while its HOT!

Note: ScreenDisplay does not keep the original quality, it was used as just a look into the game and how it works.

Also this is a very rough review.

Icon:
Believe it or not the icon can make or break an application! I can safely say that Infinity Blades icon looks very crisp on my retina displayed iPhone 4. Although its
fairly bland and average for such an EPIC game. Definitely nothing stunning! Maybe a new icon to come? Im sure they will consider it if lots of people compliance. But personally i
don't mind it. Its acceptable...

Trailer/Basic Introduction

YouTube: video

Main Menu:
COMING SOON

-Inventory in-depth:

YouTube: video

Options:
Not many option to change. Bit disappointed. I love changing stuff =)

Control:

The controls work well. I've only had a smart period of time with the game but i can assure you that the controls will not "wreck" the game for you. Unlike many
other RPG/FPS games on the iDevice. The control scheme really takes advantage of the screen and its touch sensitivity. This is a real bonus, and it seems even in really
tight situations the controls still handle fine.

Gameplay:
Some maybe disappointed with the no "free roam" side of the game but it appears the developers have somewhat addressed this issue by providing alternative routes around the levels and allowing
the collection of loot such as gold, potions, armour etc. The upgrade system seems very impressive and easy to grip. Unlike many other upgrading techniques this can easily be adopted with no real
learning curve.

Sound:
COMING SOON

Graphics:

What more has to be said other than Unreal Engine 3 and Epic Games! It really a beautiful experience on such a small but elegant device.
As for the performance on the iPad ill see if i can steal my sisters and give it a shot. Maybe post some screen shots etc. The cut scenes are just incredible.
On the retina display they are so vibrant and crisp! You really have to get your hands on this. Its hard to describe the detail that has gone into the graphics. I'll
try and express it in my images as much as possible.

Conclusion:

Hands down the best 3D RPG game available on the AppStore. (although depending on which "controls/gameplay" you rather everyone will have their own opinions.
Having only play a few levels with the game it seems very complex/strategic and intense (battles). Although you may only get 2-4 hours out of this game i cannot recommend it enough.
Also don't forget they are adding content to future updates so its really a win win situation! (see quote below)
Overall i will definitely be sharing this with some friends. Showing them how the iPhone gaming scene is more serious that many think. Also note the last line in the description:

"COMING SOON!

New Areas to conquer! Multiplayer! New Swords, Shields, Helmets, Magic Rings, and Enemies!"

Early Game Score:
- (NOTE VERY ROUGH SCORE) not final still playing/reviewing
Gameplay: 8/10
Sound: 8/10
Graphics: 9/10
Final Score: 8.5/10

Reviewed by Shap08
iDevice: iPhone 4 32GB FW: 4.2.1

Dude you have graviboard too? Awesome.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:46 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x