• Publisher: Gameloft
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 263.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $6.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The benchmark of action/adventure games on next-gen consoles lands for the first time on iPad, with entirely refined graphics.

Jerusalem, 1191 A.D. The Third Crusade is tearing the Holy Land apart. You are Altaïr, a Master Assassin sent by the Order of the Assassins on a quest to find the "Chalice, an object of such power that, in the right hands, can end the Crusades. Steal the Chalice from the Templars before someone offers them the right price for it. The fate of the Holy Land depends on you...

Plunge into this direct prequel to the critically acclaimed Assassin's Creed, full of rich gameplay and a well-balanced mix of stealth, chaotic action, and riddle-solving exploration in the midst of a 3D world set in the historical Middle East.

iPAD EXCLUSIVE FEATURES
- Impressive HD graphics
- iPad-optimized camera
- Customizable interface

MASTER ASSASSIN SKILLS
- Benefit from a wide range of acrobatic moves.
- Perform impressive combo attacks, mixing sword finesse and kicks.
- Skill-based mini-games put your patience & dexterity to the test: Carefully steal precious items by picking pockets from the crowd and coerce informants to speak.

EXPERIENCE THE POWER
- Adapt your fighting tactics using 6 weapons for both close combat and long-range attacks including swords, daggers, a grappling hook, and bombs.
- Collect orbs to upgrade health and weapons.

DEEP IMMERSION IN THE MIDDLE EAST
- Explore the fully 3D-rendered and historic world of the Crusades
- Uniquely dramatic tension, intensified by 3D cinematics and character voices

Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

12-08-2010, 08:06 AM
So, I have completed this on the DS, and then the iPod. I wonder if its worth getting on the iPad now.

Knowing what I am like, I probably will.

12-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by halljames View Post
So, I have completed this on the DS, and then the iPod. I wonder if its worth getting on the iPad now.

x2 lol. I'll probably wind up doing the same thing.

---
| iPad OS 7.x | Game Center: stalingraad |
12-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Wow, a little late for this old title isnt it?
12-08-2010, 12:57 PM
It's never to late for games like this one..........lol

I am the punishment of GOD
if you had not committed great sins
GOD would not have sent
a punishment like me upon you Genghis Khan
12-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Yay! I haven't played the portable Assassin's Creed games (and I love the series) because I figured they might finally bring them to iPad. Here's hoping they bring the 2nd one as well to iPad.
12-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by halljames View Post

yeah ive beaten this game a few times also. Its a classic. Its a game that never feels stale no matter how many times u play it. While ten bucks (AUS) is a little steep considering how old it is, soon as it goes down which should be a week knowing gameloft i will def pick this up. One of my favorite games for iphone/ipod to date. Still holds up even with newer titles we see today. Still looks better than most actually. Cant wait to see it on the ipad.

Last edited by salsamd; 12-08-2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: currency clarification
12-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Yet i recall it getting horrible reviews. Anyway this game is a dinosaur now lol.
12-08-2010, 06:06 PM
http://www.metacritic.com/game/ds/as...irs-chronicles

I suggest picking up Brotherhood instead.

If you've been successful at avoiding this horrible excuse for a game up until now, you should probably ignore the iPad release as well. It's not like it touches on the main storyline anyway.
12-08-2010, 06:07 PM
it's 5.99 in UK