Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-08-2010, 05:37 AM
iPad

Default Drawn: The Painted Tower HD - (by Big Fish Games) $4.99 Intro Sale

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 12-09-2010 at 02:31 AM..
Old 12-08-2010, 09:41 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Definite buy once the price comes down. I can purchase this for the PC/Mac for $6.99, so $9.99 for the iPad version is a bit high. Having said that, it's one of the best games that Bigfish developed last year (they develop a few of their own games each year).
Old 12-08-2010, 11:06 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Definitely a great game for the Mac - I played through Drawn and its sequel, and it was really terrific. One of the best puzzle games out last year, IMO. I agree that the price is steep compared to the Mac version, and I'll probably hold off for a sale, since I've played the game, but I'll definitely put this on my priority wish list. It's really good !

If you haven't played this yet, you're in for a real treat. As soon as the price drops, pounce on this, you will not be sorry.

Last edited by quebecotr; 12-08-2010 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 12-08-2010, 03:01 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Big Fish Games sent me a code for the game this morning, and here are some first impressions (only had time to play it for 10-20 minutes):

This is the most polished and beautiful game released by Big Fish Games on the iPad.
The music is captivating, the graphics are top notch, the puzzles so far are not complicated but I have the feeling (Like in other BF games) that they will become more challenging after I pass the first paintings.
Can't wait to get home to spend more time with it.

And...once again, When u buy the game, u get 2 downloadable games for FREE "Mahjong Towers Eternity" and "Mystery Case Files: Huntsville" (available for MAC or PC @ the dev's website- $6.99 each-), just have to fill the form in the MOre games section.

If you haven't played this before, go to BFG's website for a free trial of the Pc or Mac version. Highly recommended.

Last edited by goiMot; 12-08-2010 at 03:40 PM..
Old 12-08-2010, 03:38 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Default Excellent puzzles in this one

The puzzles do indeed get more complicated. What I really liked is that very often, you can't solve the puzzle from only one location. You have to go to other locations to retrieve items and information.

Again, don't miss this game. It was a classic on the Mac, and one of the few games that I was truly sorry to see end, and where I was waiting for the sequel with great anticipation.

It has the makings of a classis for the iPad. It's a must have for any puzzle enthusiast. I only wish they'd kept the price consistent with the Mac/PC games. (I know you get two free downloads, but I've had these games fro a long time now... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
Big Fish Games sent me a code for the game this morning, and here are some first impressions (only had time to play it for 10-20 minutes):

This is the most polished and beautiful game released by Big Fish Games on the iPad.
The music is captivating, the graphics are top notch, the puzzles so far are not complicated but I have the feeling (Like in other BF games) that they will become more challenging after I pass the first paintings.
Can't wait to get home to spend more time with it.

And...once again, When u buy the game, u get 2 downloadable games for FREE "Mahjong Towers Eternity" and "Mystery Case Files: Huntsville" (available for MAC or PC @ the dev's website- $6.99 each-), just have to fill the form on the MOre games section.

If you haven't played this before, go to BFG's website for a free trial of the Pc or Mac version. Highly recommended.

Last edited by quebecotr; 12-08-2010 at 03:39 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 12-08-2010, 04:54 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by quebecotr View Post
Definitely a great game for the Mac - I played through Drawn and its sequel, and it was really terrific. One of the best puzzle games out last year, IMO. I agree that the price is steep compared to the Mac version, and I'll probably hold off for a sale, since I've played the game, but I'll definitely put this on my priority wish list. It's really good !

If you haven't played this yet, you're in for a real treat. As soon as the price drops, pounce on this, you will not be sorry.
Good news:

From twitter:
"#DrawnHD to be released on the iPad 2night @ 12 am EST. Heads up to our twitter followers: It will be on sale: 50% off on Fri @ 9 am EST "
Old 12-08-2010, 05:56 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

guess I will wait till Friday, for the sale then..
Old 12-08-2010, 10:05 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

This game is awesome and it's now out in the US app store.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:47 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
Good news:

From twitter:
"#DrawnHD to be released on the iPad 2night @ 12 am EST. Heads up to our twitter followers: It will be on sale: 50% off on Fri @ 9 am EST "
Wow how unfair to people who buy the game today. I really like Bigfish but they are failing to impress with their app store practices. As it is, they rarely have sales on their iPod/iPad games, but instead choose to have a sale one day after release
Old 12-09-2010, 05:44 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I tried out the demo on the Mac today. It gives you an hour to try it out. I didn't move from my chair for the hour so I think I might pick it up on sale.