★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Forge 11
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 17.8 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: "Vikings Can Fly! is an enormously fun title"
AppSpy
Score 4 on 5

"Vikings Can Fly! it's attractive, easy to understand, and has a clear
progression from start to finish"
Slide to Play
Score3 on 4

"Its nice to have an endless game that has an actual concrete
completion, and there is an excellent game design along your journey"
AppAdvice
Score 4 on 5

"The graphics, sound, and humor are the best parts of Vikings Can Fly!"
Padvance
Score 3 on 4

Showcased App on FreeAppReport!

Available in 7 languages: French, Spanish, English, Russian, German, Italian and Japanese!

Vikings Can Fly! supports GAME CENTER

GAMEPLAY

Unlock strange machineries and tame dragons to help the Viking in his voyage across the Odins lands. Upgrade your flight skills to the next level and fly through mythological places straight to your beautiful Valkyrie. This is your chance to discover the City of Gods and become a Legend!

GAME FEATURES

1 Sidescroll World
4 Flight Skills to master
11 Places to discover
12 Items & Equipments to unlock
44 Achievements

THE GAME WORLD

The game world is based on the Norse Cosmology, with its mythological nine homeworlds unified by the world tree Yggdrasill. Nevertheless, Vikings Can Fly! doesnt want to be a deadly dull serious game; thats why the world is featured with engaging elements and fantastic locations.

MYTH AND MORE...

The main world feature is the mix of mythological and fantasy elements. The Viking will use his crafts to discover 11 legendary and dreamy places.

STORY

In Vikings Can Fly! you play as Bjorn, a young viking inventor with an incredible passion for women and a laboratory full of weird machineries. He actually never created something really useful to his people because he is always too busy running after young ladies.
A few days ago he casually met a valkyrie that was bathing by a waterfall and he suddenly fell in love. She obviously ran away; leaving a sweet perfume trail along her path. His dream is to find her back all the way through the nine worlds of the Norse Gods. Will he be able to use his genius this time?

FLYING LOG AND ACHIEVEMENTS

The Viking sketches and describes all the places he discovers on the Flying Log, also taking notes of his achievements.
There are 44 Achievements to unlock and each of them can provide the player some extra gold.

LABORATORY

The Viking can buy materials to produce new inventions with the gold earned during his flights. There are 12 items to unlock - from magical Runes to a Stone Giant to a crazy Steam Propeller and up to a Saddle for dragons taming! All of those together will allow the Viking to fly farther and farther.

TRICKS AND GOLD NUGGETS

During his flights the Viking can perform acrobatic Tricks and find Gold Nuggets on his path. The more he will do and the more he will be rewarded!

Eldacar's comments:

Link http://itunes.apple.com/it/app/vikings-can-fly/id398497008?mt=8

Website http://www.forge11.com/games/vikings_can_fly

-----
Available in 7 languages: French, Spanish, English, Russian, German, Italian and Japanese!

Vikings Can Fly! supports GAME CENTER

GAMEPLAY

Unlock strange machineries and tame dragons to help the Viking in his voyage across the Odins lands. Upgrade your flight skills to the next level and fly through mythological places straight to your beautiful Valkyrie. This is your chance to discover the City of Gods and become a Legend!

GAME FEATURES

1 Sidescroll World
4 Flight Skills to master
11 Places to discover
12 Items & Equipments to unlock
44 Achievements

THE GAME WORLD

The game world is based on the Norse Cosmology, with its mythological nine homeworlds unified by the world tree Yggdrasill. Nevertheless, Vikings Can Fly! doesnt want to be a deadly dull serious game; thats why the world is featured with engaging elements and fantastic locations.

MYTH AND MORE...

The main world feature is the mix of mythological and fantasy elements. The Viking will use his crafts to discover 11 legendary and dreamy places.

STORY

In Vikings Can Fly! you play as Bjorn, a young viking inventor with an incredible passion for women and a laboratory full of weird machineries. He actually never created something really useful to his people because he is always too busy running after young ladies.
A few days ago he casually met a valkyrie that was bathing by a waterfall and he suddenly fell in love. She obviously ran away; leaving a sweet perfume trail along her path. His dream is to find her back all the way through the nine worlds of the Norse Gods. Will he be able to use his genius this time?

FLYING LOG AND ACHIEVEMENTS

The Viking sketches and describes all the places he discovers on the Flying Log, also taking notes of his achievements.
There are 44 Achievements to unlock and each of them can provide the player some extra gold.

LABORATORY

The Viking can buy materials to produce new inventions with the gold earned during his flights. There are 12 items to unlock - from magical Runes to a Stone Giant to a crazy Steam Propeller and up to a Saddle for dragons taming! All of those together will allow the Viking to fly farther and farther.

TRICKS AND GOLD NUGGETS

During his flights the Viking can perform acrobatic Tricks and find Gold Nuggets on his path. The more he will do and the more he will be rewarded!
-----
12-08-2010, 07:46 AM
I'll buy it tonight if I have enough money left over after buying Dungeon Hunter 2, Infinity Sword, and Illusia.

12-08-2010, 07:48 AM

eh
12-08-2010, 08:31 AM
OK, the marketing campaign for this one suckered me in. DLing now. It'll give me something to do for the next 14 1/2 hours.

Most Wanted: Prevail, Tengami
Playing: Oceanhorn, Robot Unicorn Attack 2, Phoenix Wright HD, Limbo, XCOM, Layton Bros.
"AtomicJezebel" on GameCenter, PSN and Xbox
Beta Tested: Sketch Nation, Floop, Queen's Crown
12-08-2010, 08:41 AM
Damn, it looks so much like Fly kiwi fly that I just can't fail to buy it
12-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Nice graphics but why the blatant cash in on "How to train your dragon"?
12-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Eldacar Send a message via MSN to Eldacar Send a message via Skype™ to Eldacar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandi View Post
OK, the marketing campaign for this one suckered me in. DLing now. It'll give me something to do for the next 14 1/2 hours.
MKT powah
12-08-2010, 01:22 PM
I don't usually use such strong words in regards to games, but this is one of the most idiotic apps to ever besmudge the App Store.

Not because of the actual content. No, the actual mechanics are rather nice, game is pretty, the music is excellent, and apart from the spelling and grammars, the presentational values are good.

However, the game throws you into a peculiar tutorial of some sort, and literally forces you to go through two stages (the game even prevents you from accessing options during this time), without explaining the controls. There are no help files, and literally no explanation what so ever. The viking dude jumps off a cliff, and you have to watch him crash into the ground, failing the level, time and time again, with only 2-3 seconds during each jump to figure out what to do.

Now, the controls are easy enough to figure out on yer own, but it is still a terrible introduction to a game.

My advice for the makers would be to pull the game, add a proper tutorial, or just one small text box explaining the controls, polish the writing and in-game texts, and re-release it. Because it seems to be an otherwise pretty good casual game.

Vocalist of Earthbridge and Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
12-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Eldacar Send a message via MSN to Eldacar Send a message via Skype™ to Eldacar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
I don't usually use such strong words in regards to games, but this is one of the most idiotic apps to ever besmudge the App Store.

Not because of the actual content. No, the actual mechanics are rather nice, game is pretty, the music is excellent, and apart from the spelling and grammars, the presentational values are good
I think it's a good feed, anyway

Quote:
However, the game throws you into a peculiar tutorial of some sort, and literally forces you to go through two stages (the game even prevents you from accessing options during this time), without explaining the controls. There are no help files, and literally no explanation what so ever. The viking dude jumps off a cliff, and you have to watch him crash into the ground, failing the level, time and time again, with only 2-3 seconds during each jump to figure out what to do.

Now, the controls are easy enough to figure out on yer own, but it is still a terrible introduction to a game.
I think you've skipped texts because being forced to crash at the beginning is exactly what is supposed to happen following introduction & story

Then you'll have to understand how to use stuff and we think that a huge icon on the right with a nice pic inside could be enough honestly to let you push it

Quote:
My advice for the makers would be to pull the game, add a proper tutorial, or just one small text box explaining the controls, polish the writing and in-game texts, and re-release it. Because it seems to be an otherwise pretty good casual game.
A scheduled update is already in progress and we're going to put in a deeper tutorial to check during loading times

Thank you for the feed
12-08-2010, 03:09 PM
almost 50 achievements... ahhh must r-e-s-i-s-t my finger is already seachring the buy button, NOOOOO. you all know that

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatusernameistaken
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
Instagram: i5_david, feel free to add me