★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How well do you look after your iphone?

12-08-2010, 12:33 PM
How well do you look after your iphone?

I keep getting moaned at by friends and my girlfriend as I always clean it using a cloth and dont throw it around (like most of my friends do)

Just interested really, obvious due to general use, it is going to eventually get scratched. does anyone else try to keep theirs in prestine condition?

Last edited by TotallyImba; 12-08-2010 at 12:49 PM.
12-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Wiping it with a cloth every so often at home is probably normal. If you obsessively wipe it in the middle of face to face conversations or during dinner when eating out, you might consider seeking help.

12-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Throw it around? Why the heck would anyone consider throwing their $500 iPhone around normal? If you ask me, it's quite the contrary. You'd be stupid not to treat it with care.

Twitter: @JZWilliams
GameCenter/OpenFeint/GameloftID/Disc Drivin'/Hero Academy: zman2100
12-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Mine lives in an OtterBox case, so all I have to wipe is the screen.

When I have to take it out of the case, I do wipe it down really well before I put it back.

I have one of those "replaced, no questions asked" insurance policies on it, so between that and the OtterBox, I don't exactly handle it with kid gloves, but I don't intentionally beat the crap out of it. Replaced or not, it's a pain in the tail to have to get a new phone!
12-08-2010, 01:21 PM
I am very careful with my iPhone when it's outside the Speck PixelSkin case.

When it's inside, well I just treat it with a little respect but I don't OCD about it. I tend to wipe the screen a lot though because I have wet hands.

Puzzling has Evolved - Get 180
12-08-2010, 01:27 PM
I hardly remove it from the case. Occasionally clean the screen due to sweat.
12-08-2010, 07:45 PM
lol I super protect mine, it has a hard case on the inside, a silicone case on the outside, a touch screen protector on the screen so it doesn't get scratched. so far there isn't a single scratch on mine . and yeah I sometimes wipe it but my anti fingerprint screen protector kinda keeps all the prints off.
12-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Hard case but no screen protector.
I spray + wipe my screen almost daily. Every few weeks I also take it out of the case and wash the case and wipe the back of the iPod before placing it back in. Only dropped it 2 times so far, and they were pretty light. I've learned to treat my 4th gen well after destroying my 2nd gen.
12-08-2010, 11:59 PM
I remember dropping my iPhone 3G (no case) face down onto a glass coffee table. Neither the phone nor the table survived that little incident.

My iPhone 4 has been in a case more than 99 percent of the time. Like others, I clean the screen compulsively with a cloth meant for glasses and no spray. The only time I remove it is occasionally when I'm home, and I use the opportunity to wipe down the phone and inside of the case. I also use a Qtip for dusting the profile switch and dock connector lol.

Between the 3G and iP4 I switched from negligence to a kind of compulsion.

Now Playing...FFT: War of the Lions, Tiger Woods '12
GAME CENTER - Alchemistrpm
12-09-2010, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemistrpm View Post
I remember dropping my iPhone 3G (no case) face down onto a glass coffee table. Neither the phone nor the table survived that little incident.

My iPhone 4 has been in a case more than 99 percent of the time. Like others, I clean the screen compulsively with a cloth meant for glasses and no spray. The only time I remove it is occasionally when I'm home, and I use the opportunity to wipe down the phone and inside of the case. I also use a Qtip for dusting the profile switch and dock connector lol.

Between the 3G and iP4 I switched from negligence to a kind of compulsion.
ouch your first one suffered worse than my 2nd gen lol..I dropped that thing so many times that 1) the accelerometer broke, no tilt registration whatsoever for anything. 2) the power button broke so I had to use a pen or sharp object to restart it. 3) it froze continuosly at the worst times because I damaged hardware through dropping it too many times. Also, it was an 8GB. Now I have a 32 GB 4th gen iTouch, and it was a gift so I treat it with plenty of care.