★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Justin Cook
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 19.1 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (3)
App description: Now FREE!! Follow Juz's band TRIA MERA at www.facebook.com/triameraband

"With so many levels available to this game, you'll be having a hard time putting Juz down" - cooliphoneipadapps.com

Juz lives in a strange world, aided by a passion to rock out. Somehow though it seems he has run out of guitar picks, forcing him to put down his guitar and try to find some to keep playing!

Help Juz to recover all the golden guitar picks spread out across 48 levels, using gravity to explore every corner. Collect them all fast enough and earn more stars and unlock extra levels.

Of course, along the way you'll run into some perils that could cause you a bit of trouble. Watch out for Punks, Record Label Executives and a host of other villains intending on stopping Juz in his tracks, whilst also watching your steps!

Official Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QdUpSLvMbs

Features:
48 mind bending Levels across 5 Worlds!
144 stars up for reward!
3 Hidden Powerups!
Re-playability in order to unlock secret levels!
Save your best times to compete with friends!

NB: Juz plays in Aussie Metal band Tria Mera - http://www.facebook.com/triameraband

--------
Designed for iPhone OS 4.0 and up

Hardware Requirements:

iPhone 3GS or better
iPod (3rd Generation) or Better
*Not recommended for older generation iPhone or iPod Touch devices

Restarting your device after installing can prevent crashes.

juzcook's comments:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPDATE MARCH 13th - juzcook
FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME IN CELEBRATION OF MY BAND PLAYING A MAJOR FESTIVAL (www.facebook.com/triameraband) - GET IT NOW!!!

Hi guys, my new game "Juz: And The Missing Guitar Picks" is now available worldwide on the App store! It's a sidescrolling platformer where you take the role of Juz, and run around 48 levels trying to find and collect all the guitar picks. The catch however is that the game revolves around walking in two planes of gravity… on the ground and on the ceiling!

You'll encounter a number of various enemies ranging from Emo Kids to Record Label Executives to Hippies, with their mind's bent on getting in your way!

Now available on the App store for 99c. Please leave a review and tell your friends! There will be plenty of free content updates if the game goes down well!

- Juz

PLEASE NOTE: RECOMMENDED FOR 3GS AND ABOVE!

Lite Version now also available!

Youtube link | Pop Up

12-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Looks pretty awesome actually! I'm sorry that all the releases are kinda being overshadowed by Infinity Blade and Dungeon Hunter 2.

Funny Videos! My Youtube Channel
Check it out!
Proud Beta Tester of- The Infinity Project and Mission Europa
Fav. Games on PS3- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Portal, HalfLife2, Uncharted 2

12-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Been waiting for this one! I sent you a PM!
12-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Fun game. Got it as soon as I saw it was out.
12-09-2010, 06:45 AM
Thanks guys, I hope you enjoy it!

I've just submitted an update to fix a few minor bugs and give it a new icon, aswell as reduce the file size!
12-10-2010, 04:41 PM
JUZ is a great game with lots of content. It's one of few games on the App Store with pristine 8-bit graphics and it's really easy to delve into. There are many picks to collect in each world so there's a lot of replay value to collect them all.

There are just a few things that make up the downside of the purchase. The icon and menu screen are so not like the game, and really just look like crappy clipart. But maybe this update just submitted will change the icon to 8-bit. Then just the menu will remain. The second thing is the use of GameSalad. It's incredibly slow and so this game has major loading times.

The sound is cool and it's only 99 cents, so there's really no reason not to pick it up. It will actually give you way more enjoyment than some of those other releases that came out recently like Infinity Blade or Eternal Legacy, so be sure to pick this up!

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
12-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to iFanzine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Looks pretty awesome actually! I'm sorry that all the releases are kinda being overshadowed by Infinity Blade and Dungeon Hunter 2.
Yep, agreed.

The latest iPhone & iPad games. Reviewed. iFanzine.com
"Awesome!"-StudioUFO "Very well written"-Foursaken Media "Cool, Love it!"-Bulkypix
12-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
... It's one of few games on the App Store with pristine 8-bit graphics and it's really easy to delve into.
Yea! I can see that Doodlejumper likes old school pixel graphics
Don't ask me why, but your graphics remind me a great SNES game: Earthbound (named "Mother"in some countries) And I love that!!!

Good luck with this project!

Christmas Mishap Developer.
- Luck is simply the meticulous care of every detail -
12-10-2010, 07:58 PM
I came for the guitars, and will stay for the retro goodness!

Battle Born Music
gamecenter name = battlebornmusic.com
12-12-2010, 05:39 PM
I got deep into this game, and am really enjoying it.

If you like old school, retro graphics and a whole lot of in-level action, you won't be disappointed. The game has you jumping around from platform to platform around each level searching for eight guitar picks that, when all collected, enable you to advance to the next level. While doing that, you must watch out for men in black suits, and to collect the picks you must strategically plan your moves using the variously placed things that impact the level.

The artwork is rendered in an old-school style with pixel style sprites dictating the gameplay and the menu. While everything is pixelated, the game yet remains to be crystal clear and crisp.

While you're playing you can see random cracks in the levels, which show where the game is stitched up. They don't really get in the way of playing, but do take a little bit away from the looks of the game. However, a fix is coming.

JUZ is one of the best games I've seen in the genre. You've got plenty of time killing levels each with different obstacles and an awesome graphical them to top it off. $0.99?...Psh, it's worth wayyy more!

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!