★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: igeek.eu
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 71.4 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are celebrating and you can have our clasic games absolutly FREE soo hurry and don miss offer end in sunday.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A BIG AFRICAN STORY
Bongo, a young Maasai guy, always wanted to be a shaman. One day he helps old shaman Pongo and as a reward the shaman shows him how to make Drum Magic. Drum Magic is an old shaman technique, jumping on big drums in the right order calls weather spells like Rain, Thunder or Earthquake. The old shaman gives Bongo a book. Bongo and his brother, hunter Ungo, help their Maasai village and then they hit the road to help villages in Africa.

- 5 tribes/villages
- 26 unique levels
- 10 minigames
- playable tutorial

ACTION, LOGIC, FUN & MORE ACTION
In every level, Bongo needs to find out what spell or combination of spells solve the given problem, then call them by hitting the drums with his jumps is the right order.

MINIGAMES
Ungo, Bongo's younger brother, is a hunter and he also helps all the villages, by solving minigames' problems. Minigames are unique logic or action games situated in the story. The minigames can also be played separately, after unlocking them in the story. Shoot black birds, catch fireflies, ride the gepard, learn the shaman dance and many others.

DAYLIGHT
Levels are played in the periods of day matching your current time. Daylight can also affect some levels, like Ungo can only catch fireflies at night.

ORIGINAL MUSIC
Nice african music, unique for each village, helps you guide playing Bongo's levels, since timing your taps is very important.

STORY COMICS
Colorful story comics guide you through the story. Every level and minigame has a comic strip to explain the problem you need to solve.

DRUM BOOK
A book called Drum Magic for Dummies is Bongo's valuable guide through the whole game. He can always find the magic spells' combinations there.

NEAT GRAPHICS
Must see in action to know what we are talking about :)

HOURS OF GAMEPLAY
You need hours of gameplay only to play through all the levels and master drum dancing. After all the minigames are unlocked, the playing time is unlimited.

HD TEASER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWkZ22cw04A

----------------------------------------

NOTE: old generation iPhones and iPods may have some minor performance issues.

----------------------------------------

misoba's comments:

A BIG AFRICAN STORY
Bongo, a young Maasai guy, always wanted to be a shaman. One day he helps old shaman Pongo and as a reward the shaman shows him how to make Drum Magic. Drum Magic is an old shaman technique, jumping on big drums in the right order calls weather spells like Rain, Thunder or Earthquake. The old shaman gives Bongo a book. Bongo and his brother, hunter Ungo help their Maasai village and then they hit the road to help villages in Africa.

- 5 tribes/villages
- 27 unique levels
- 10 minigames
- playable tutorial

ACTION, LOGIC, FUN & MORE ACTION
In every level, Bongo needs to find out what spell or combination of spells solve the given problem, then call them by hitting the drums with his jumps is the right order.

MINIGAMES
Ungo, Bongo's younger brother, is a hunter and he also helps all the villages, by solving minigames' problems. Minigames are unique logic or action games situated in the story. The minigames can also be played separately, after unlocking them in the story. Shoot black birds, catch fireflies, ride the gepard, learn the shaman dance and many others.

DAYLIGHT
Levels are played in the periods of day matching your current time. Daylight can also affect some levels, like Ungo can only catch fireflies at night.

ORIGINAL MUSIC
Nice african music, unique for each village, helps you guide playing Bongo's levels, since timing your taps is very important.

STORY COMICS
Colorful story comics guide you through the story. Every level and minigame has a comic strip to explain the problem you need to solve.

DRUM BOOK
A book called Drum Magic for Dummies is Bongo's valuable guide through the whole game. He can always find the magic spells' combinations there.

NEAT RETINA GRAPHICS
Must see to know what we are talking about

HOURS OF GAMEPLAY
You need hours of gameplay only to play through all the levels and master drum dancing. After all the minigames and leaderboards are unlocked, the playing time in unlimited.

TRIBAL DANCE

TRIBAL DANCE LITE
01-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Tribal Dance 1.1 - update

A huge update coming by the end of this month:
- OpenFeint powered leaderboards and achievements
- 5 distinct minigames (upgraded story minigames), unlocking as player plays through the story
- One extra spell: NIGHT (for those who can't wait for the night time to play the fireflies-catching level)
- several fixes

LOOKING FOR TESTERS / REVIEWERS!!!
01-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Interesting game, cute graphics, simple fun minigames. Currently a challenge for me on the timing on some particular drumbeats. Looking forward to the updates. Assume you got my PM last month with a few comments?
01-08-2011, 07:54 PM
I tried out the lite version, and this game has a lot of potential. It's cute, and I like rhythm games in general (e.g. Thumpies and Patapon). I found timing the jumps too frustrating with this game, though. How are you defining the window when a tap changes drums?
01-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHutch01 View Post
I tried out the lite version, and this game has a lot of potential. It's cute, and I like rhythm games in general (e.g. Thumpies and Patapon). I found timing the jumps too frustrating with this game, though. How are you defining the window when a tap changes drums?
Hi, the only problem is to think one jump ahead. Just like you are jumping in real, you need to know/define your next direction before the jump, cause you can only change your direction at the moment you hit the drum. It's how it works in real life, we are not fooling physics and changing direction "on the fly" like Doodle Jump does.

So, feel the rhytm, tap one step ahead (or just mind your sequence) AFTER you hit the drum. Since my 6-year-old son was able to master it in one hour, I'm sure anyone can handle it.
01-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misoba View Post
Since my 6-year-old son was able to master it in one hour, I'm sure anyone can handle it.
Thank you for the explanation, that's helpful!

Re 6 year olds, they learn a lot faster than we old folks do. I'll give it another try, though.