★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Appular
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 37.1 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "In the end, if you like frantic action gaming on the iPhone, youll absolutely love Neo Defender 2. 4.5/5 A Must Buy!" - 148apps.com

"Youll miss out if you pass on this $0.99 opportunity." - iPhoneAlley.com

"Worth a try...Quite fun." - TUAW's Daily App

"Neo Defender 2 is a fresh and unique take on the invaders style games, successfully mixing the formulas of games like Asteroid and Geometry Wars." -Brutal Gamer

"Will keep your eyes glued to your iPod for hours." -TierraGamer

Get ready for an impossibly addictive and explosive gaming experience!

Neo Defender 2 is a wire framed retro-style arcade game that combines massive fire power and stunning graphic to deliver a challenging, yet visually spectacular experience!

Prepare for battle as Neo Defender 2 immerses you in the galaxy thats in the midst of an intense struggle for survival!

Neo Defender 2 features versatile shooting options with single touch, dual touch, and continuous firing modes to effectively defend against the onslaught of kamikaze crafts.

Prevail against an increasing wave of cosmic adversaries to earn crystals to spend on purchasing the best combination of shields, power-ups, nukes, special weapons, and craft repairs to prepare for the next epic battle!

Encounter the slew of bosses who are dominating the galaxy:
- Zuthenian Nomad
- Petadryad Pirate
- Methathulian Scout
- Ograthalmic Bounty Hunter
- Triton Battle Cruiser
- Guspian Enforcement Outrider
and more!

Annihilate enemies to be awarded with achievements such as:
- Captain of the Stars and
- Captain of the Galaxy
and lots of other trophies!

Get in on the heart-pumping thrill ride in outer-space and rise as the savior of the Milky Way Galaxy!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

[/indent]
12-09-2010, 08:00 AM
Jst looked at it, Nice little game. The graphic is nice and the concept is a familiiar one. And it picks up frantic speed along the way!! Worth checking out.

-----
On GC I am FPEX

Last edited by FPE; 12-09-2010 at 08:06 AM.

12-09-2010, 08:00 AM
This looks nice a vid would be handy
12-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Guys, glad you like it ... video as requested (iPhone version).

01-04-2011, 09:32 AM
1.1 is out now.

This update includes Game Center integration and facebook connect. We also show you your rank from Game Center and OpenFeint.
01-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Nice!

-----
On GC I am FPEX
01-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Why doesn't this game have flip screen? I hate iPad games that don't have flip screen, this needs to be standard for all ipad apps. Your screen shots show it as flipped, but the actual game only plays upside down in my Apple iPad case. Please fix this.
01-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWeird View Post
Why doesn't this game have flip screen? I hate iPad games that don't have flip screen, this needs to be standard for all ipad apps. Your screen shots show it as flipped, but the actual game only plays upside down in my Apple iPad case. Please fix this.
Thanks for the feedback - that is a very good point and one which we will address in a very near update. The reason we don't have it is because of the tilt to shoot feature - it kept flipping because of the sensitivity - however we have recently fixed that for another game so I can't see why we can't add it to NeoDefender.

The way we have it working for the other game is:
- whilst the game is loading you get the chance to rotate landscape left or landscape right
- once the game reaches the main menu we lock into the current orientation for the duration of the game.

How does this sound?

Also, do you have any other feedback on the game - we are always on the lookout for things we can do to improve it?
Cheers
Scott
01-04-2011, 02:50 PM
I would just put an option in the game for choosing which landscape position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyumedev View Post
Thanks for the feedback - that is a very good point and one which we will address in a very near update. The reason we don't have it is because of the tilt to shoot feature - it kept flipping because of the sensitivity - however we have recently fixed that for another game so I can't see why we can't add it to NeoDefender.

The way we have it working for the other game is:
- whilst the game is loading you get the chance to rotate landscape left or landscape right
- once the game reaches the main menu we lock into the current orientation for the duration of the game.

How does this sound?

Also, do you have any other feedback on the game - we are always on the lookout for things we can do to improve it?
Cheers
Scott

-----
On GC I am FPEX
01-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
I would just put an option in the game for choosing which landscape position.
Thanks - that's an easier option