★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Interactive Buddy for Mobile -- a physics-based friend for only 99c!!

12-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Interactive Buddy for Mobile -- a physics-based friend for only 99c!!

Hey guys and gals,

You may have played the webgame Interactive Buddy back in the day -- well it finally arrives on the App Store with great new multitouch control and much better graphics!

In many ways it competes with other "virtual pet" type games (like the Talking Friends series), but I think it offers a lot more. I'll let the App Store page do the talking though, as I don't want to make this thread unnecessarily long.

I'm planning on releasing updates with new interaction methods and more rank levels, too.

If you choose to buy it, I hope you enjoy!

12-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Whoa! I was wondering when Interactive Buddy would hit the app store! Any impressions?

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.

12-09-2010, 03:30 PM
doesn't seem like alot of stuff as the original...
12-09-2010, 05:43 PM
It really does seem downgraded. The character is WAY too big, the font stinks, not enough things to do, yet somehow I still want to play. xD

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
12-09-2010, 06:16 PM
I really enjoy this app, does need some new features added for sure though.
12-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osujxu View Post
doesn't seem like alot of stuff as the original...
Well I'm sure for copyright reasons the faces couldn't be added.

I do think though that the buddy is too big. Just imagine it on an iPad

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
12-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Yeah the buddy is definitely bigger in terms of percentage of screen, but you have to remember that iPhones and iPods have smaller screens overall. So really to the eye he looks about the same I think. Plus since everything is done with touch it's important that you have a big enough target to grab.

wythesyn, glad you like it! I do intend to add new features with updates--probably the first update will be 50 extra ranks with new interaction methods and backgrounds to be unlocked along the way. Have any specific suggestions?
12-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shock-value View Post
Yeah the buddy is definitely bigger in terms of percentage of screen, but you have to remember that iPhones and iPods have smaller screens overall. So really to the eye he looks about the same I think. Plus since everything is done with touch it's important that you have a big enough target to grab.

wythesyn, glad you like it! I do intend to add new features with updates--probably the first update will be 50 extra ranks with new interaction methods and backgrounds to be unlocked along the way. Have any specific suggestions?
Here are my suggestions, I hope you seriously consider adding them.

- Put your face or someone else's face on the Buddy through picture library upload

- MAKE THE BUDDY SMALLER!

- Change the font

- More weapons

- Anti-gravity

- Take out "For Mobile" from the name

- Multitouch (for things such as pulling him apart limb by limb)

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
12-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shock-value View Post

Mainly just more ways to mess with the little guy. I was thinking something with burning maybe?