★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Magnetic Marble Machine

03-20-2009, 08:34 PM
03-20-2009, 08:57 PM
It looks interesting ( pixel art). I might pick this up just for being a twist on the normal match 3 games.

03-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
It looks interesting ( pixel art). I might pick this up just for being a twist on the normal match 3 games.
If you do, come back and let us know your thoughts. Thanks!
03-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Doesn't really appeal to me. Maybe, if any one wants to.. TOFTT, and they think it's good, I'll get it.
03-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Wait a second, is this a 'light' version? The icon says light and the description talks about light and full version. If anyone dares to TOFTT please tell us whether it is the full game or not.
03-21-2009, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
Wait a second, is this a 'light' version? The icon says light and the description talks about light and full version. If anyone dares to TOFTT please tell us whether it is the full game or not.
I was kind of wondering the same thing, so I decided to bite the bullet and give them my 99 cents. I haven't played the game yet, but during the sync process I noticed a game being installed called "MMM Light". I have a feeling that they are actually charging for a lite version of their game. I will post more once I've played.

[Edit]

Sure enough, they've chosen to use the word "light" to mean "we still want money, but we're not going to give you a full game". The icon says Light, the splash screen says light, and there's an option to purchase the full game on the menu screen. Guess I won't be buying anything else from this developer.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre

Last edited by PointOfLight; 03-21-2009 at 03:09 AM. Reason: I've been scammed
03-21-2009, 03:19 AM
So I figured as long as I spent my 99 cents, might as well actually try the game. On the plus side, it's nice to see someone take the effort to try and make a unique match 3 game. Unfortunately, the game just isn't all that fun. You have to actually walk up to the marble you want to attract with your magnet, and I found that half the time I'd walk over, click the marble I wanted, and by the time the game responded I'd either get a different marble or a blank spot. At least you don't have to be near the conveyor belt to put a marble back, but the whole process of walking around to get the marbles was quite tedious. The graphics are pretty decent, though. My personal suggestion is to try some of the other match 3 games like Sliders or Sushi City. Both are much more entertaining than this.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
03-26-2009, 11:30 AM
I found this here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQc0otv7UCA and liked it. So I downloaded the game and I have to say it's fun and worth every cent. Walking seems to be part of the gameplay. It's all about timing. Like in real life have fun! A good game for those who like Luxor, Zuma and similar games.