★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Download Epic Truck for big jumps, awesome shocks and crazy impacts and go off-road at scenic and dangerous locations including Desert Ridge, Snowy Peak, and the newest location Magma Mountain! Epic Truck now has over 2 million players!

Controls:
GAS- touch right side for gas, down for speed
BRAKE- touch left side for brake
REVERSE- hold brake to back up
TILT- Tilting the screen Left/Right makes the truck lean Forward/Back. Tilt works in the air and affects grip
RESET- Reset if you flip or drive into an abyss.

Features:
Gameplay that is easy to pick up and difficult to master.
Earn stars for your best local times.
5 Truck Packs are now available for in-app purchase with 5 trucks each.
Tiki Truck packs are available for in-app purchase - great for driving on Magma Mountain!
23 Leaderboards with one for each race and location.
26 Achievements such as "Zombie Truck- finish a race with just your front tires"
Your Epic Truck can take damage and even throw a tire, but you can still complete the race as long as you can get to the finish.
Quick reset button for deathly drops, broken axles and unfortunate flips.
In Magma Mountain, stay out of the lava! It will melt your tires or fry your ride!
In Snowy Peak, get achievements by finding all of the Brown Bears, Bighorn Sheep and Klondike Gold- just touch the screen to collect them.
Race tracks in any order for a location by touching the race name in Race Select.
Race the next track by pressing the start button in the bottom right corner of Race Select.
You can even retry a track and replace the previous time by just pressing the race time in Race Select.
The truck has a giant dynamic suspension to absorb huge impacts.
Includes HD rendering at full resolution
3D realtime physics.

Video review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8CubrGHiZo

Have fun and good luck!

SeaLionGames's comments:
Please check out our new game Epic Truck for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.

Epic Truck Video Review on YouTube

Youtube link | Pop Up

Thanks for checking out the game!

Paul @ Sea Lion Games
12-09-2010, 06:28 PM
looks pretty good thanks.

12-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Game Impressions

Poor frame rate, unresponsive controls. Deleted after a couple of minutes.
12-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
That's odd frame rate is pretty good on my iPad as are controls
12-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Quote:
ouch thanks for the heads up. Will be an issue since Im on a ipod touch.
12-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
That's odd frame rate is pretty good on my iPad as are controls
I just watched the video above; indeed my experience with the frame rate was far worse than what's shown there. Was playing on an iTouch 4G.
12-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Quote:
I just watched the video above; indeed my experience with the frame rate was far worse than what's shown there. Was playing on an iTouch 4G.
Just installed onto my iPod touch 3G and there was a reduction in frame rate from the iPad not disastrously but was noticeable .
12-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Hi Gabrien,

When tested on iPhone4 with iOS 4.2 the game runs great. An iPod touch 4th gen device has similar specs to iPhone4. Usually a comparable phone is a little slower because of additional background processes for phone services.

Are you running iOS 4.2?

Thanks.
Paul @ Sea Lion Games

Last edited by SeaLionGames; 12-09-2010 at 07:29 PM. Reason: noticed that Gabrien was on an iPod touch 4G
12-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaLionGames View Post
Hi Gabrien,

When tested on iPhone3Gs with iOS 4.2 the game runs great even with anti-aliasing. That device has similar specs to iPhone3Gs On iOS 4.2 for iPod touch 3rd gen and iPhone3Gs, the game takes advantage of full time anti-aliasing. So, it's interesting that you are using iPod touch 3rd gen and iOS 3.0 and experiencing this because that device has similar specs to iPhone3Gs. Usually a comparable phone is a little slower because of additional background processes for phone services.

I can see about trying the combo of device/os that you mentioned but that might be a bit. If you update to iOS 4.2, let me know if it runs better on your iPod touch 3rd gen or *if anyone else has an iPod touch 3rd gen and iOS 4.2 already installed and wants to try it* please PM me for a promo code and give it a try and share.

Thanks.
Paul @ Sea Lion Games
Sorry, that's actually old information; I played the game on an iTouch 4G, latest OS. Just re-installed and tried again to make sure I wasn't seeing things: the scrolling is quite jerky; particularly noticeable if you watch the ground: you can actually see distinct increments at which it stutters along.
12-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Sorry, that's actually old information; I played the game on an iTouch 4G, latest OS. Just re-installed and tried again to make sure I wasn't seeing things: the scrolling is quite jerky; particularly noticeable if you watch the ground: you can actually see distinct increments at which it stutters along.
Hi Gabrien,

Thanks for your help. It runs great on my device most similar to yours which is an iPhone4 w/iOS4.2. Are you possibly running background apps of any kind like music streaming apps, etc? I'll see about getting an iPod touch 4 and running it here but I have a feeling it will be something like an app with background processing. Or - actually this makes a lot more sense - it might be something related to the Game Center thread which is running simultaneously in the game. The game doesn't block starting a race before login finishes, but maybe for some network situations it needs to. Otherwise the login could still being attempted which might cause a framerate hitch as messages are handled. Connecting to Game Center usually happens pretty fast.

Are you able to connect to Game Center at the game's title screen ("Welcome back username" message at the top of the screen appears - make sure "Online" option is checked) and if you wait for that Welcome popup before starting to race does that make any difference?

Thanks,
Paul @ Sea Lion Games

Last edited by SeaLionGames; 12-09-2010 at 07:54 PM.