★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Developer Needed For Amazing Looking Game

12-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Send a message via MSN to MindJuice Send a message via Skype™ to MindJuice
Developer Needed For Amazing Looking Game

I'm looking for some programming help on Unicorn Rush. Check out the site to get an idea of the awesome artwork and music.

I am a developer too, but I am short of time at the moment, so I am looking for some help.

All art, music and sound effects will be provided, as well as a high-level design doc. There is also an opportunity to add your own special touches to the game. In fact, I hope to find someone who will do that.

The game uses the new Pixelwave engine, and the API is based on Flash (but unlike Flash, Pixelwave is incredibly fast). You can read a bit more about Pixelwave here.

Yes, Unicorn Rush has some things in common with Robot Unicorn Attack, but it also has many unique things.

You should be:
  • An experienced iOS developer with at least one game in the App Store (send me links)
  • Passion about creating awesome games
  • Able to put in significant time over the next month or two
  • Willing to work for a combination of pay and profit sharing
  • Willing to sign an NDA before starting actual development
If you are interested or would like more information, contact me directly for more info at: ken {at} mindjuice [dot] net

Thanks!
12-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Graz73 Send a message via Yahoo to Graz73 Send a message via Skype™ to Graz73
It is VERY similar to RUA. Why not just change your character to a pegasus or something slightly different than yet another unicorn?

Do you need art for an App? Check out my comics:
Cy-Boar

12-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Well...that is some awesome art...but I thought I was looking at Robot Unicorn Attack from adult swim at first.

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |
12-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz73 View Post
It is VERY similar to RUA. Why not just change your character to a pegasus or something slightly different than yet another unicorn?
Yet another unicorn? There's only one other one! It's not like this is the match 3 genre.

Also, I created this game concept before I'd ever heard of RUA.
12-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Sadly it won't matter whether you came up with it first or not. They're huge and you'll never hear the end of it.

I recommend a style change or accept that it's a copy and add a new mechanic that makes their game better. On fire mode? Like the old NBA Jam

Occamy Games: iTunes, Twitter, Facebook
12-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Robot Unicron Attack.

It's exactly the same.. from the mechanism, the unicorn, the environment backgrounds, overall feel, etc.

Virtually everyone will say it's RUA wannabe

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
12-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by don_k View Post
Robot Unicron Attack.

It's exactly the same.. from the mechanism, the unicorn, the environment backgrounds, overall feel, etc.

Virtually everyone will say it's RUA wannabe
Respectfully, the only similar thing is that there is a running unicorn.

The backgrounds and environments look nothing like RUA. In fact, the graphical styles couldn't be more different.

Also, the game mechanics are different in many respects which I haven't described here. There is no dash, for example, but there are other mechanics.

Having said that, I do realize some people are superficial and will never see beyond a casual similarity. They will see a running unicorn and immediately say "Clone!".

That's not what this thread is about though.
12-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Why not another unicorn game? It's not like unicorns are as "popular" as zombies and every day a dozen devs release even more zombie games.

Even if it is very similar to RUA this game will certainly get a few (or more) sales.

Btw. I might be biased as I am a huge unicorn fan:

12-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by minyx View Post
Why not another unicorn game? It's not like unicorns are as "popular" as zombies and every day a dozen devs release even more zombie games.

Even if it is very similar to RUA this game will certainly get a few (or more) sales.

Btw. I might be biased as I am a huge unicorn fan:

Actually a RUA parody with that unicorn is something I'd be interested in working on. Mmmmmm....
12-16-2010, 01:49 AM
Rhinos have horns

If its the horns that please you why not change your mythical creature to a Rhino and call the game Rhino Rush, he can smash through boulders and attack marauding lions. Set it in Africa, put some water in there and some vultures and ill give you a buck for it. Now that's a game!