★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Question about Everest Expedition

10-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Question about Everest Expedition

Does anyone have this game? I was just wondering how many levels of zooming in there is. It looks like the same concept as Stone of Destiny, and while I loved the concept of that game, I found that the zooming in if had was not enough and I often could not see what I was doing. Will I have the same problem with Everest, or can you zoom in closer with that game?
10-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Does anyone have this game? I was just wondering how many levels of zooming in there is. It looks like the same concept as Stone of Destiny, and while I loved the concept of that game, I found that the zooming in if had was not enough and I often could not see what I was doing. Will I have the same problem with Everest, or can you zoom in closer with that game?
You can zoom right almost all the way in... the only problem is the pictures clarity isn't that good upclose... I love the game and I haven't had any trouble finding the items, while the items are very well hidden, they are also fairly easily found without having to zoom all the way in. I recommended it
100%

10-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Everest is a really good game you can zoom in really close but the image kinda comes distorted. Should definitely try it out.
10-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Send a message via AIM to Magnulus Send a message via Skype™ to Magnulus
I'm looking forward to the sequel, where you go to the Everests to build a bridge between the two peaks!
</thinly veiled Python reference>
10-26-2008, 06:46 PM
great

I don't have stone of destiny, but I do have Everest and it has tons of objecs and sites, its not just everest i goes to germany mexico.....

It also comes with nice pics from everest made by the developer (i think its the developer)
10-26-2008, 07:29 PM
For a $0.99 you almost have to get it... The production value is really great
10-26-2008, 08:36 PM
After buying Everest I played it every day for a week (for at least 30 mins - 1 hour each day, maybe more) - I think it's safe to say it offers a staggering amount of playing time considering it's only 59p.

I haven't played it again yet after completing it, so will probably leave it a while. Still, I loved it while I was working my way through all the images - I consider it one of the best value games on the app store.

If you like 'find the hidden object' type games then you'll definitely want to purchase this one.
10-26-2008, 09:36 PM
I have both Stone of Destiny and Hidden Expedition Everest. I had the same trouble as the op with SoD -- I just couldn't zoom in enough to my liking. Everest is much better, I can usually zoom in enough to see what I need without too much loss in graphics quality. Rarely is it necessary to zoom in so much that the quality is unacceptable. HTH.