★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: BATTLELINE is an acclaimed card-based strategy game from world-reknowned game designer Reiner Knizia. Face off against a rival general in Ancient Greece. Gauge your enemy's strengths and weaknesses...anticipate his or her plans...and command your troops into poker-style "formations" to take control of the battlefield. Only the most cunning military mind can win the day!

Play against live opponents synchronously or asynchronously on GourmetGaming online! Take your turns on iOS or on your home computer!

Strive for 19 Game Center achievements, some Herculean in difficulty!

We'd like to extend a special Thank You to all the players who have been playing Battleline and have submitted suggestions or bugs. We really appreciate your input, and hope to face you online! If we haven't implemented your suggestions or fixes yet, we will soon.
12-10-2010, 04:34 AM
This came out of left field. Anyone want to TOFTT?

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

12-10-2010, 04:41 AM
Ohh... this has caught my interest too! Think I'll try to get this over the weekend, but probably won't be able to post impressions till sunday....
12-10-2010, 05:38 AM
One more Knizia game! Keep'em coming!
12-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Wow- this is (with Times Square and Lost Cities) my all-time favorite Knizia card game. In Germany it's called "Schotten Totten" (a funny competition between scots, never mind). Downloading... I'm badly in need of holidays to be able to play all these new great apps! Will try it out in the train to work tonight, will post impressions later...

Now playing: Unworded, Aurora Puzzle Adventure, Steamworld Heist, PinOut!, Sproggiwood, Colorcube, kubic, Mekorama, Open Bar!
Waiting for: Any Star Realms expansion, Nyheim, Onirim
12-10-2010, 09:24 AM
This is the real Sword & Poker

Heavy Devil is my latest game, check it out! AppStore GooglePlay
12-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Would love to read some impressions. These games are always quality but I don't understand how this one plays.

Pass and play is a great feature.
12-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Got it - I get all Knizia games

It's my weakness. All I need to see is the Knizia name, and it is instantly downloaded.

Anyway, it's not bad, and I think it has great potential. It's not as polished as Samurai or Ra, and it has crashed a couple of times on me while I am changing screens. That being said, it has an excellent discussion of the rules and game options, and is a lot of fun to play. Online play (which is forthcoming) will be a welcome addition, and I would like some sort of statistics included in the next update.
12-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Sounds like one I need to wait for an update first.
I already had my share of buying something not polished and needing waiting.

-----
On GC I am FPEX
12-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Most important aspect to me concerning board/card games (the randomness of the deal is a given), how's the AI?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews