Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-12-2010, 05:17 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
This another solid Knizia game
This is another VERY solid Knizia game. If Knizia's Labyrinth is perfect essence of Rogue-like, his Battleline/Schotten-Totten is perfect essence of war game.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:02 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by funambulist View Post
This is another VERY solid Knizia game. If Knizia's Labyrinth is perfect essence of Rogue-like, his Battleline/Schotten-Totten is perfect essence of war game.
We must be playing different versions of the game. Maybe the underlying game is solid but the implementation is not. It is filled with obvious bugs and the AI is a pushover. Knizia shovelware.

Don't buy this, get Labyrinth instead or Through The Desert when it comes out this week.

Last edited by clarsonx; 12-12-2010 at 06:06 PM..
Old 12-12-2010, 08:47 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarsonx View Post
We must be playing different versions of the game. Maybe the underlying game is solid but the implementation is not. It is filled with obvious bugs and the AI is a pushover. Knizia shovelware.

Don't buy this, get Labyrinth instead or Through The Desert when it comes out this week.
How do you KNOW Through the Desert will be well implemented?
Old 12-13-2010, 06:39 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarsonx View Post
I haven't come across any bugs yet. What bugs have you found? As to the AI strength I understand that a stronger AI is forthcoming...

One can always play against another human being...
Old 12-13-2010, 10:54 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by funambulist View Post
I haven't come across any bugs yet. What bugs have you found? As to the AI strength I understand that a stronger AI is forthcoming...

One can always play against another human being...
You know what, I don't want to play against another person because it creates bad feelings. Besides, I want games I can play anytime.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:12 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrotran View Post
You know what, I don't want to play against another person because it creates bad feelings. Besides, I want games I can play anytime.
Same here. A strong non-cheating AI is very important to me. Once in a blue moon I might play against real people but I far prefer going against AI as you can play as friendly or sleazy as you want, stop at any point, and pick it up again from exactly where you left off. Even if playing a play by mail situation, there is this underlying understanding that you'll not waste the other player's time and try to complete your turns in a timely manner or, just as likely, you might really be hoping to play through as quick as possible and it is another player that is holding up the works.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:10 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Leader cards unrecognized?

I've run into a bug with two games now where playing a leader card as part of a Phalanx (three of a kind) simply isn't recognized as winning.

In one game I had two winning flags on each side of my phalanx with the unrecognized leader. (flagiwon/flagiwon/phalanxwithleader/flagiwon/flagiwon)

In this game, the formation facing my phalanx was an unwinnable attempt at a Wedge (straight flush). I had already played the card that would have completed the AI's straight flush (it was in the fifth column in this example, forming a phalanx of 9s), so the best the AI could have done was a flush, which would have lost to my phalanx w/leader in any case. Not to mention that I should have won this this game with a breakthrough if it would have recognized my leader card. I won the game by winning five flags, before the AI finished its formation that was opposing my one with the leader card.

In another game, it also ignored my leader card. My leader, again, formed a phalanx (I also should have won this game with a breakthrough, again). The AI then completed its formation of a Batallion (flush) after I had finished my phalanx, and it rewarded the flag to the AI.

I'm not sure if this applies to every formation a leader card is played in or not, but something isn't right here.

Last edited by polycontrale; 12-14-2010 at 06:36 AM..
Old 12-17-2010, 11:38 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
Great game, brilliant mechanics. Terrible AI. I have yet to lose a game on either basic or advanced. Still, this is such a great game I will buy the board game...

Can't wait for the improved AI update too...

Jamie

I agree with the criticism of the AI. I won my first ten "basic" games playing against both the weak opponent and the strong opponent. This game will be one of my Knizia favorites once the AI is strengthened, as I really enjoy the poker aspect to the game.

Any word on whether online multiplayer is in the works?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:55 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
What's New in Version 1.1

Weak AI rewritten and made stronger.
Strong AI rewritten and made strong.
Fixed an issue that would cause AI to think forever.
Several flag claiming issues resolved.
Resolved a bug that would cause leaders to not be honoured correctly.
Fixed a bug that would cause app to crash on some devices when returning to game.
Fixed a bug that would cause music volume to default to 0.
Intriguing...those who update please report on whether the AI is noticeably stronger.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:05 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
Intriguing...those who update please report on whether the AI is noticeably stronger.
Finally! Updated 15 minutes ago. And lost the first two (basic and advanced) games against the updated KI, surprise surprise... This is fun. The KI is much more cautious than before. Try it out!

+++Update: Ok, the KI is better, but still not very strong. I like the advanced game best- the KI's use of the tactics deck is quite good.

Last edited by abstractgamefreak; 01-14-2011 at 03:05 AM.. Reason: Some more plays...