★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Touch gets no respect??

03-20-2009, 09:40 PM
Touch gets no respect??

Anyone else think the app store is too iPhone-centric? Many apps that work on both devices only mention the iPhone in the app requirements.
Get with it, there are 13 million Touch users out here, and about 17 million iPhones.
well anyway, love the Touch and respect it
03-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Agreed

I think the Ipod touch isn't well represented. I have one and its almost like its a second class app citizen. But it's not horrible.

03-20-2009, 09:42 PM
i think you should post it in lounge section...
and i don't agree.

usually apps/games are for both iPhone/iPod Touch. of course there are some only available for iPhone... but there is a small amount of such.

but it sucks for sure if you own iPod Touch
03-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Well it's annoying sometimes to see an app description and not be sure it'll work on the Touch, since it just mentions iPhone. sorry if wrong forum.
03-20-2009, 09:44 PM
I agree. But I believe when they say only iphone in the description they own an iPhone... I believe iPod touch should be mentioned just as much as the iphone

Flaming doesn't help people. Just tell them what they need to know and let the thread fade.
03-20-2009, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pante View Post
i think you should post it in lounge section...
and i don't agree.

usually apps/games are for both iPhone/iPod Touch. of course there are some only available for iPhone... but there is a small amount of such.

but it sucks for sure if you own iPod Touch
Well I wouldn't say it sucks, I would rather have an iPod touch than an iPhone.

Flaming doesn't help people. Just tell them what they need to know and let the thread fade.
03-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchy View Post
well it's annoying sometimes to see an app description and not be sure it'll work on the touch, since it just mentions iphone. Sorry if wrong forum.
This is below ALL app description - look there if you're not sure.

Name:  Picture 1.png
Views: 137
Size:  10.5 KB

/l、
(゚、
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?
03-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Don't forget, the iPod Touch 2G has a more powerful processor than any iPhone on the market. So technically, it is the best one to have for gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket godder View Post
Well I wouldn't say it sucks, I would rather have an iPod touch than an iPhone.

No DPad - iPhone and iPod Touch gaming. Who says gamers need a dpad?
03-20-2009, 10:02 PM
you have to have a ton of money to own an iphone cuz of the service charges,ipod touch is cheep and affective

Professional app / game recorder at
http://appmania.webs.com/
Pm me promo codes for a honest review
03-20-2009, 10:10 PM
Touch vs iPhone

I think most times its a *given* that when the iPhone is represented that the Touch is included because they are both so similar. If an app/game is strictly for the iPhone I've seen notices stating as such too. I don't see it mattering much to anyone on TA because the main focus is on gaming. I was joking earlier in another thread saying people owning the Touch are the true gamers because they bought something that wouldn't interrupt their game play (phone calls). This was only in response to a iPhone user agreeing that their iPhone was better.

Edit: But I do believe with the way the games are taking off on these devices that Touch will come out ahead as the better gaming device.

Last edited by Coldar; 03-20-2009 at 10:14 PM.