★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

So... Infinity Blade vs Rage (or specifically Epic Games vs iD Software).

12-10-2010, 05:39 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
So... Infinity Blade vs Rage (or specifically Epic Games vs iD Software).

Who impressed more, and why?
12-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Infinity Blade looks more like a real game. Rage seemed more like an ad for the real console game not yet released.

Strife: Quest for the Sigil - FPS/RPG blend of action!

12-10-2010, 05:49 PM
In the red corner we have the reigning champ Rage the "killer" iD *crowd cheers*

And in the blue corner we have the challenger, Infinity "Epic" Blade!!! *more screams*

Who will win this battle to the death! The day has come to watch these two juggernauts go toe-to-toe in a fight for biased opinions based on which app you purchased!!! *countless yells, a woman takes off her shirt*
12-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Both, and I really hope all devs push the hardware to it's limits as we now know it can be done. Hopefully when the iP5 comes out devs/customers will move to new hardware so this can be done.
12-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Havn't gotten Infinity Blade yet, and honestly probably won't unless some major price drop come's along. Not that it's terribly priced now, it just doesn't appeal to me game-play wise. It look awesome as shit otherwise, and looks like it might be more technically impressive than RAGE. RAGE however, I did buy and was happy with it considering I only spent a couple bucks on it. It looks amazing, plays amazing, and great for little bursts of awesomeness (as we all know it sure as shit doesn't last long).

I don't consider myself a cheap ass gamer on the appstore (bout to drop the $$$ on Aralon and already dropped some $$$ on Eternal Legacy) but some games just don't appeal to me for the price they ask. Most games I play for like an hour anyways and then leave them alone. Thus is the addiction to the app store.

Enough rambling. To sum it up, Inifinity Blade looks like it looks better than RAGE, but I agree with said post above, I hope they (and others) both continue to push this little machine to do some sick biddings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelperMonkey View Post
Conservatives hate liberals because they think that liberals think they're stupid.

Liberals hate conservatives because they think that they're stupid.
Win.
12-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilo View Post
In the red corner we have the reigning champ Rage the "killer" iD *crowd cheers*

And in the blue corner we have the challenger, Infinity "Epic" Blade!!! *more screams*

Who will win this battle to the death! The day has come to watch these two juggernauts go toe-to-toe in a fight for biased opinions based on which app you purchased!!! *countless yells, a woman takes off her shirt*
Infinity Blade no contest. and i rofled at that line right there ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
12-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Rage wins hands down!
12-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Infinity Blade is more advanced. Graphics wise, the two are equal-ish, but Rage uses generic controls and the interface is ugly. Infinity Blade has controls best suited for iOS more than any other game. And IB has an advanced loot system, while Rage has nothing. I'll pick up both, though.
12-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Aralon will win

But seriously, out of the two, I much prefer Infinity Blade. RAGE was horrible.

Hakuna Matata
12-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Infinity Blade is better graphically, but I prefer the awesome gameplay of Rage. I like both.

Top 5 Apps Dead Space. World of Goo. AC II: Discovery. Plants vs Zombies 1 and 2.