★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Mote-m Strategies

10-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Mote-m Strategies

Hey guys,
As a huge fan of TD games (I got hooked on Starcraft and Warcraft 3 custom maps back in the day), I've gone ahead and bought Fieldrunners and Mote-M. I'm really loving Fieldrunners, but I'm having trouble getting into Mote-M, largely because I'm so bad at it.

I'm familiar with typical TD strategies (I've gotten to level 99 on Fieldrunners on hard mode), but Mote-M just boggles me. Can anyone share some strategies such that I might enjoy my purchase more?
10-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Mote-ms tough, REALLY tough
I havent got past wave 23 while in field runners ive gotten to wave 100 on hard. Mote ms supposed to be short and quick while field runners is supposed to be long. As for a strategy, if youv gotten to 99 on hard in field runners then just transfer what you were doing there to mote m. If that makes sense,.
10-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McChikun View Post
Hey guys,
As a huge fan of TD games (I got hooked on Starcraft and Warcraft 3 custom maps back in the day), I've gone ahead and bought Fieldrunners and Mote-M. I'm really loving Fieldrunners, but I'm having trouble getting into Mote-M, largely because I'm so bad at it.

I'm familiar with typical TD strategies (I've gotten to level 99 on Fieldrunners on hard mode), but Mote-M just boggles me. Can anyone share some strategies such that I might enjoy my purchase more?
Hey McChikun,

What exactly are you trying to do? There are different strategies for High Score and just Staying Alive.

I'm one of the beta testers and I got to help with the design of some things so I'm sure I can help out
10-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Hey,
Thanks for the responses so far. I've been having trouble just staying alive past the first few levels in Mote-m. I've been trying to carry over my typical TD strategies (like the ones I successfully use in Fieldrunners), such as mazing, but I can't seem to figure out what approach to take.

For instance, I'm not sure whether to prioritize mazing or making my towers more powerful, and which towers to make more powerful first. I can't really tell the difference between the motes (aside from the flying ones), even though some are supposedly supposed to be weak to certain towers.

Any sort of advice, maybe even a screen cap of a setup that's worked for you, would help a lot. Thanks!
10-26-2008, 04:45 PM
well if you want to see advanced set ups that are near end game I suggest checking the high score boards since each high score has a screen capture to go with it.

This is how I generally start a maze:
http://vegantnt.wordpress.com/files/...0/img_0005.png

This will easily take you to Wave 6 when the Boss mote comes out. This will also kill his outside form so it's fairly useful. You can set this up as the first wave starts so you have 5 waves to continue to add to it.

Arrows have the longest range of the starting tower but I put them in front with a rapid fire tower so I can cause a lot of damage to motes as soon as they appear. As I upgrade they will become useful for the Air motes as they come out.

Motes don't have weaknesses, only resistance. Resistances won't play a part until about... oh level 10? Up til then you should be doing enough damage and mote health should be so low that it won't matter much.

Get up some strong towers quickly so you can work on your maze. remember that the foundations are only 5 credits so you can actually build up the maze fairly quickly. And of course motes move slowly around turns so try and fit them in where you can.

If all else fails there is sandbox mode where you can test out different ideas.

Good Luck!
10-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Wow, thanks a bunch for your detailed response, VegantTnT! I'll go give it a shot now. I appreciate it.