★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Nama Games
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 4.6 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A game that starts deceptively simple then gets insanely hard. No one I know can complete all 20 stages, can you?

Inspired by an arcade classic, fly and shoot your way to destroying the eternally malevolent and angry Space Fortress that is threatening the galaxy!

FEATURES:

3 Difficulty Levels find the challenge that is right for you.

Resume Last Game continue playing the last game played

High Scores Keep challenging yourself to beat your last score

Challenging Gameplay Each stage of the game is increasingly difficult

Power-ups Shoot asteroids to find power-ups, collect floating space men for extra lives

Retro Art Style Makes you feel like you are in a noisy, dark-lit arcade straight from the 80s!

HOW TO PLAY:

Shoot shield rings surrounding fortress

Avoid hitting all the shields in a ring since this will cause shield ring to regenerate

Shoot past shield rings and hit the fortress to destroy it

Watch out for fortress mines and super shots!

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

Iphone 3GS or Iphone 4

nama games's comments:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/space-fortress/id406004611?mt=8

Hi All,

We are happy to announce that our first game Space Fortress has been released on the appstore! It is a remake of the old classic arcade game, Star Castle. The game starts off pretty slow and easy, but if you hang in there, it starts to get really challenging.

This game was meant to be a good test for us as a new iphone developer. Fun gameplay, not too complicated and something small enough for us to complete quickly. We haven't submitted the game to any review sites yet, but are going to this weekend. Looking at current sales, it is pretty apparent that you need to market your game or no one will ever see it. Anyway, here is a gameplay video to check out. The gameplay video is pretty long, I just sort of played a relatively long session from the beginning of the game, but if you watch the whole thing or fast forward at some point, you will see the game get pretty hectic.

Youtube link | Pop Up

So download it and check it out... Leaving a review would be great!

Thanks for reading!

namagames.wordpress.com
12-10-2010, 08:07 PM
I downloaded and tried it out. You did a good job using the game salad engine. The game play is pretty good. A d pad would probably work a little better for controls. For a free small quick play game it is well worth having on your idevice. The one thing that would be great is online leaderboards or game center (although I know that is not possible with game center). Their is no reason not to download it if you like the Star Castle type of game.

Game Center- SLEB Openfient- sleb plus+ sleb
12-10-2010, 08:49 PM
appinfo'd

is the 1st poster a Shill & the 2nd one the same guy who had registered long ago?

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys
12-10-2010, 09:07 PM
@ultimo,

Strange, seems like everyone is so jaded these days. Just showing off a new game. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. Not sure exactly who or what you think I am. I am just the developer for the game trying to get the word out. Like I said in the post, its a pretty simple game, but fun to play, especially at the higher stages and its free. Just hoping gamers can enjoy it, I can learn what I can about Iphone publishing and marketing, then I can make a bigger more involved game I can sell in the future. Thats the plan anyway.
12-10-2010, 09:10 PM
@sleb

Thanks for the feedback, curious how many stages deep you got. Yeah, Game Salad is easy to pick up and make something REALLY simple, but once you get even a little bit more ambitious it can be tough. Not sure if our next game will be with Gamesalad or Corona or Unity. They all certainly have their pluses and minuses.