★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Labyrinth is the latest addictive puzzle from the legendary game designer, Dr. Reiner Knizia. You take the role of a hero venturing deep into the earth in search of unknown treasures. Along the way you must face both danger and opportunity.

Can you find the way through the labyrinth to the hidden riches deep inside the mountain? Will you be able to defeat the dragons guarding the treasure?

The game mechanics are very simple, but incredibly addictive. You build a labyrinth by dragging tiles into a 4x4 grid and rotating them into place. Your objectives while building the labyrinth are:

1. Get through the labyrinth to the upper side
2. Avoid the monsters
3. Collect swords that let you deal with the monsters
4. Collect treasures on the way

The game is divided into 3 scenarios. You start off in the Hedge Maze, with the basic game as described above. When you have completed all levels of the Hedge Maze, you proceed into the Castle Ruins. This scenario is haunted by ghosts who randomly block tiles and make it harder for you to find your way out. The third scenario is in the Dungeons, and really quite hard to get through.

We apologize in advance for wasting hours of your life, stuck in a digital labyrinth.
12-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Hmmm I thought TribalFlames next release would be Through the Desert ...still this app needs a tad more explanation before I bite.

12-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Looks good but I am not sure what the play mechanics are.
12-11-2010, 02:23 AM
I decided to give a good ole toftt on this one!

This game comes with NO instructions at all!

The goal seems to be to make a unobstructed path from the bottom of the screen to the top.

It deals tiles kinda like carcassonne.. You take the tiles and place the anywhere on the playfield. You can also rotate the tile before you place them.

Some tiles have treasure, swords or monsters on them. If a sword or treasure is on your path you pick them up. If there's a monster on the path you lose one of your swords to defeat it. You start with three swords so if any monsters pop up early you can deal with em!

The level ends when you fill the playfield or if you run out of swords and get a monster on the path.

If you get a open path all the way to the top of the screen you move to the next level. If you hit a monster and lack a sword or don't make a clear path to the top the game is over.

It starts off with a hedge maze and there are two other types to unlock.

So far I enjoy the game. Very relaxing solitaire kinda game

Flangle Flangle Flangle Play No More!
12-11-2010, 10:29 AM
Hi,
Through the Desert has also been submitted to Apple about a week ago. We made this puzzle game in parallel with it. It's very addictive, and for some reason seems to appeal to women a lot. My colleague's girlfriend was jetlagged after a vacation trip, which resulted in her playing the game for 6 hours straight until 5 am. My own girlfriend got angry at me when I forgot to bring home our development iPad with the beta version of the game. Of course, we did not mind having enthusiastic beta testers available..

The game mechanics are very simple and are summed up in one intro screen in the game. You basically build a labyrinth by dragging tiles into a 4x4 grid, and rotating them into place (you get a random tile each time, a bit like in Carcassonne). Your objectives while building the labyrinth are:

1. Get through the grid to the upper side
2. Avoid the monsters that are placed on some tiles
3. Collect swords that let you deal with the monsters (you start off with 3 swords)
4. Collect treasures on the way

The game is divided into 3 scenarios. You start off in the Hedge Maze, with the basic game as described above. When you have completed all levels of the Hedge Maze, you proceed into the Castle Ruins. This scenario is haunted by ghosts who randomly block tiles and make it harder for you to find your way out. The third scenario is in the Dungeons, and really quite hard to get past. If the game sells well, we have discussed a number of ideas with Reiner on how to make more scenarios.

I hope you guys enjoy the game, and I apologize in advance for wasting hours of your life, stuck in a digital labyrinth. Of course, we'd be delighted to hear your comments on the game.

cheers,
Torulf from Tribeflame
12-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the details. Does the game score you on how well you have done and is the a local leader board? Just wondering what the replay would be.
12-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Well, it would be wise for you to put the instructions in the game .....
For the rest, one day I will try it. It seems well executed but the price and, especially, the amount of buying I have done last week make it impossible for me now.

-----
On GC I am FPEX
12-11-2010, 11:46 AM
BazookaTime: yes, you will get points from the treasures you collect (and later on from the dragons you slay).

FPE: we have just finished the iPhone version which will be cheaper (as they usually are). We will also make a free demo available once we get it ready.
12-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torulf View Post
BazookaTime: yes, you will get points from the treasures you collect (and later on from the dragons you slay).

FPE: we have just finished the iPhone version which will be cheaper (as they usually are). We will also make a free demo available once we get it ready.
Thanks but does the game save the best scores? Local leader board wih name entry?
12-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torulf View Post

I will get the ipad version of course! Just after I digested tha money I splurged last week ...

Anyhow, I was serious about putting a tutorial in the game or some sort of instructions.

Ps: as a note many board games are either uni or have same prices for iPhone and iPad. See carcassone.

-----
On GC I am FPEX