★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Super 8-Bit Santa

12-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Super 8-Bit Santa

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
12-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Game Impressions

I would never have given this game a chance as seasonal themes strike me as tacky but having just played this on a friends device I was shocked to find a great Mario clone. The graphics and sound are great, despite the Xmas theme. The gameplay is classic and the controls are pretty good - as good as can be expected with a fixed d-pad. Only improvement could be movable d-pad wherever you place your thumb.

This definitely deserves some attention.

Playing : Dragon Quest 8 / Battleheart:Legacy / Monster Hunter Potrable 2G / Wayward Souls
12-11-2010, 07:08 PM
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=76023

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
12-11-2010, 07:13 PM
It looks like this topic was posted first. But since that one was actually started by the dev, we might as well use that.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
12-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
It looks like this topic was posted first. But since that one was actually started by the dev, we might as well use that.
Yep, we talked about it last night but for some reason this one wasn't closed.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero