★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Gamebook Adventures iPad dev interview and outtakes reel

12-11-2010, 05:17 AM
Gamebook Adventures iPad dev interview and outtakes reel

A few weeks ago we put together a Gamebook Adventures promo video / developer interview to be released alongside our four universal iPad versions which are now available to buy on the app store. Here is our offical TA unveiling!

If you don't know what Gamebook Adventures is or if you have seen it and curious to see what we did with the iPad version and our reasons for doing so then check out the following video.

As an amusing extra, we also put together a bloopers/outtakes video which catches us messing around in front of the camera.

If you're interested in Gamebook Adventures you can download them from the following links:

Gamebook Adventures 1: An Assassin in Orlandes (SALE ON $2.99)
Gamebook Adventures 2: The Siege of the Necromancer
Gamebook Adventures 3: Slaves of Rema
Gamebook Adventures 4: Revenant Rising (SALE ON $2.99)

Follow us on the Tin Man Games blog and check out our latest Gamebook Adventures and Fighting Fantasy sites for links to our GA and FF apps!

Last edited by TheTinMan; 12-11-2010 at 09:40 AM.
12-11-2010, 05:25 AM
I have the most important question : where can I get a Tin Man T-shirst?

By the way, thanks for the vid, nice to see the men behind the books.
12-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Awesome. I love how they look on the iPad. Between these and the upcoming Fabled Lands games, I'm thinking gamebooks will be responsible for more copper reaching Apple's coffers.

Favourites: KotOR, Gridlee, iDOS, Deus Ex: The Fall, Gamebook Adventures, Baldur's Gate EE, GTA: Vice City
12-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Impressive promo video, so efficient, I don't know much more about those but I doubt I'll resist long buy one or two.

In fact I already played the first Fighting Fantasy, but never finished it after to have been glued in some maze. Time to give another go to adventure books even if not have them translated is an important penalty for me.

Lone Wolf series is quoted in the video and it's a good one free on web and fairly well adapted to computer. I played only the first two or three but it seems better written and more intriguing mechanisms than other I could remember, that was very long ago.
12-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Been playing the new iPad update (starting from GB1) these couple days and it's awesome. Am torn between rushing through the game to see everything and savouring the story slowly to get the most out of the game. Can't praise the GBA series enough.
12-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevagrant View Post
I have the most important question : where can I get a Tin Man T-shirst?
We only had a few printed up although we may get a load more done for PAX next year.

Btw - thanks all for your great messages of support!

Follow us on the Tin Man Games blog and check out our latest Gamebook Adventures and Fighting Fantasy sites for links to our GA and FF apps!