★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: PopCap
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 44.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Find the Clues, Escape the Island! Find the Clues, Escape the Island!
An unexpected storm has left you shipwrecked on a mysterious private island. Can you find your way back home? You'll need a sharp eye to solve this captivating hidden object game. Explore 25 mysterious scenes and track down 2,100 hidden objects that will lead you to safety. Solve intriguing mini-games to piece together all the clues. This is one adventure you don't want to miss!

25 ISLAND SETTINGS
Explore tropical scenes the boathouse, a gazebo, a cave and more in search of 2,100 hidden objects
PLAY THREE WAYS
Enjoy three game modes Escape the Island Mode, Unlimited Seek & Find and a mystery bonus game
SOLVE FIVE MINI-GAMES
Play five unique mini-games: Match-3, Word Search, Puzzle Rotation, Memory Match and Jigsaw, plus a unique final puzzle
UNLOCK BONUSES
Find two cleverly hidden locks in each scene to open Unlimited Seek & Find and a mystery bonus game!
HINTS ON DEMAND
Need help finding an object? Use the "Hint" button for a quick tip
BRILLIANT GRAPHICS
Enjoy the highest resolution graphics on the iPad

More Apps from PopCap:
PLANTS VS. ZOMBIES HD - Soil your plants in this iPad-specific adaptation of the award-winning action-strategy game.
BEJEWELED® Match sparkling gems in the worlds #1 puzzle game.
PEGGLE® Clear the orange pegs in this epic blend of luck and skill.
BOOKWORM® Feed your appetite for fun in THE brain-tickling word puzzle game.
CHUZZLE® Slide and match cute, cuddly and surprisingly explosive furballs.

POPCAP MAKES LIFE FUN
Visit us at PopCap.com
Follow us at twitter.com/PopCap
Like us at facebook.com/PopCap

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

12-12-2010, 06:20 AM
This is a very good game I have the PC version of this one of Popcap's best .

12-12-2010, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
This is a very good game I have the PC version of this one of Popcap's best .
Perhaps but iPad games developpers/publishers of Adventure games seems have make a union to harass iPad players, I just can't count the number of great release or that seems great, that are in this game category and that have been released those past 3 month on iPad.
12-12-2010, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
Perhaps but iPad games developpers/publishers of Adventure games seems have make a union to harass iPad players, I just can't count the number of great release or that seems great, that are in this game category and that have been released those past 3 month on iPad.
As long as the quality is there Q I don't mind, it's good to have a choice, besides a lot of them a little too girlified if you know what I mean: we need more adventure type games in castles, dungeons and outer space
12-12-2010, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
It certainly seems that way in last two weeks I've purchased at least 4 of them my credit cards taking a right battering so far this month
12-12-2010, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Hanson View Post
As long as the quality is there Q I don't mind, it's good to have a choice, besides a lot of them a little too girlified if you know what I mean: we need more adventure type games in castles, dungeons and outer space
Mmm that's a good thinking, where are "our" games adventure with zombies and fights, ie for real men? So here is the first one? Is there zombies at least?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
It certainly seems that way in last two weeks I've purchased at least 4 of them my credit cards taking a right battering so far this month
Mmm only four? Let me count... last two weeks, also 4 but 6 if I add game adventures books.

The problem is that it's more something like 10/15 those last 2 month and that I don't find the time to play them because I'm in a gaming spree with obsessing games than chain on my iPad, Heros Lore, Game Dev Story, Lord of the Rings Middle Earth Defense, Puzzle Quest 2. I can play action games, puzzles games or more casual games in between but it's more difficult for an adventure game.
12-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Does anyone know if this game is purely finding hidden objects or are there point & click adventure elements? For example combining items, using a key to unlock a chest, etc.
12-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchgamer3g View Post
Does anyone know if this game is purely finding hidden objects or are there point & click adventure elements? For example combining items, using a key to unlock a chest, etc.
No it's hidden object , match 3 , word search and memory games but all very well done .
12-12-2010, 09:58 AM
This game is probably 95% hidden object. What I like is that some of the items to find are listed as a riddle ("makes tea" or "chased by cats"). The pc version gives you an option of playing either timed or untimed.

When the game was released some actually complained that it was "too long" It has 25 levels and if I remember correctly, 5 or 6 locations to search in each level so it will keep you busy for a long time.

I have yet to finish the pc version but am buying this none the less
12-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
This game is probably 95% hidden object. What I like is that some of the items to find are listed as a riddle ("makes tea" or "chased by cats"). The pc version gives you an option of playing either timed or untimed.
Yes there are hidden objects and hidden objects, for sure those with only pure basic hidden object are now too old for most players, but that's often only older hidden objects games or pure hidden objects games with no adventure.

Yes riddles through hidden objects can be very good, also working well is puzzle with inventory with hidden objects but this require an inventory and a good hint system or difficulty tuning.

About timed or not timed I thrown one that had some great puzzling merged to hidden object and inventory, alas get the time out forcing me restart all, made me throw it in trash, it was only the demo if I remember well.

Another major point in those games is how good is the story and the story progression, that can make a huge difference, and a great story telling can be enough to counter balance mildly good hidden object gameplay.