★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Bomber Command is a frantic, action strategy game for all the family.Two players go head-to-head on one iPad in a variety of customisable gameplay modes to compete for world domination.
Launch fighter planes, bombers and nukes at your opponent, decimate their population to savour the sweet taste of total victory!
Fight over three technological eras of aerial combat, each with their own set of aircraft. Rank up your planes by flying successful missions into enemy territory.
Use your fighters to destroy your opponent's bombers and to defend your own Watch out for powerful nuclear bombers coming to end it all for good!
Featuring multiple game modes - push the red (or blue) button in 'Nuke Fight', duke it out in 'Endurance' or claim swift victory in 'Quick Game' plus more Customise or create your own game modes for an endless variety of multiplayer fun.

digital antidote's comments:
Hi,

Our iPad game 'Bomber Command" is now available on the app store.
app store link

Bomber Command is a frantic, action strategy game for all the family.Two players go head-to-head on one iPad in a variety of customisable gameplay modes to compete for world domination.

Launch fighter planes, bombers and nukes at your opponent, decimate their population to savour the sweet taste of total victory!

Fight over three technological eras of aerial combat, each with their own set of aircraft. Rank up your planes by flying successful missions into enemy territory.

Use your fighters to destroy your opponent's bombers and to defend your own Watch out for powerful nuclear bombers coming to end it all for good!

Featuring multiple game modes - push the red (or blue) button in 'Nuke Fight', duke it out in 'Endurance' or claim swift victory in 'Quick Game' plus more Customise or create your own game modes for an endless variety of multiplayer fun.

Let us know what you think!

Here are some gameplay videos and screenshots:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

12-12-2010, 01:21 PM
I'd be curious to know if the multiplayer customization feature you mention would allow for creating a game mode that would be two player coop on the same ipad.

It sounds like the out of the box multiplayer mode is that the two players are both trying to wipe each other out. Does the customization feature allow for creation of a cooperative mode where maybe you are both trying to wipe out stuff together?

Main reason I ask is that often I'm looking for cooperative games to play with my kids because our skill levels are usually different and the coop games are more fun for us to play together
12-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Currently there is only player vs. player, however it is possible to play the game with four people in a 2 v 2 way which is quite fun.

The custom settings relate to things like your starting population, starting resources, the speed these increase, which era your planes start on, basically the game mechanics so that your able to change the style of play.

I do however like the idea of a co-op mode and we are committed to continued development on Bomber Command so you never know watch this space!

Hope this answers your question?

Ben