★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Must Have iPad Games?

12-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Must Have iPad Games?

Labyrinth 2
Scrabble
Plants vs Zombies
Flight Control
Fruit Ninja

These seem to be the popular ones from what I've seen. Anything else thats good?
12-12-2010, 06:55 PM
My favorites lately include:

Beyond Ynth HD
Cut The Rope HD
Puzzle Quest 2
Orbital HD
Mirror's Edge for iPad
Osmos HD

12-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Paid: Space Laser Race (plug, though it'll be even better with the upcoming update)
Angry Birds Seasons HD is a pretty good value.
Chopper 2. (Universal)
Multipong.
Battle for Wesnoth HD.

Free: Toy Shop Adventures HD is free and you can unlock all the content through advertising stuff.
Beyond Ynth HD Christmas
Cut the Rope: Holiday Gift
12-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Galaxy on fire 2
Infinity blade
Lego HP

All universal

Ipad - 64 GB - 5.0.1 / Iphone4S - 32 GB - 5.0.1
GameCenter - Abisco79
12-12-2010, 07:43 PM
* Reiner Knizia's Labyrinth HD <- AWESOME board game
* Carcassonne <- Ditto
* Infinity Blade <- OMFG that's all I can say
* 100 Rogues <- A dungeon crawler with style
* Fruit Ninja HD - <- Downright fun. period
* Lego Harry Potter <-epic scale action adventure. Lots to do - laugh's at the DS price, and looks oh so better on an idevice screen.
* Heroes of kalevala - brilliant - for 3 Match fans who like a challenge. Not your daddy's Bejeweled bore.
* Dungeon Raid - 3 Match with RPG elements - insanely addictive and IMO, more fun and intense then Puzzle Quest but less on the flashiness.
* Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - very surprised how superb this turned out. Blows the previous attempts away.

Life's too Short for long-Ass Cut Scenes

GameCenter: JCat
12-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCat View Post
* Reiner Knizia's Labyrinth HD <- AWESOME board game.
Agreed, it's a real gem!
12-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleabag323 View Post
Free: Toy Shop Adventures HD is free and you can unlock all the content through advertising stuff.
Beyond Ynth HD Christmas
Cut the Rope: Holiday Gift
For Toy Shop Adventures I think it's through IAP you can purchase more episode or stuff to cheat. A good one but perhaps a bit difficult.

For very noteworthy free ipad games there's also :
  • Trundle HD (the paid version is Trundle Unlimited but Trundle HD is a complete game).
  • Tilt for Live HD (Free with IAP but you get a rather complete game for free even if not fully complete)
12-13-2010, 06:20 PM
corpse craft is free to try half of the story mode levels. 3.99 IAP to unlock the rest of the game. my fav game right now!
12-13-2010, 06:24 PM
For iPad Brick Breakers, many iphone only Brick Breakers are cool to play on iPad but to highlight the best with an iPad version, a selection:
  • Circuloid (quite special and very difficult at first because of a special design)
  • Brickadelic (Amazingly beautiful, the more beautiful of all I played on any platform, plus a very nice inventive diversity in levels design)
  • Enchanted Forest (Another special one, focus on complex levels design with multiple intermediate targets)
  • Arkanoid HD (the ancestor of more modern Brick Breaker when its ancestor was Breakout quite more simple in its design that is Arkanoid, becomes a bit old on some points but a level design quality still at the top)
  • Jet Ball HD Premium (Very dynamic, design focus on speed and reflex, more levels to come for free for ipad version)
  • Splash Duel HD (A very special one mixing Brick Breaker and pong with a high range of AI setup allowing adapt it well to your current strength)
  • Meteor HD (A good one, not as top than other in the list but solid and interesting for fans of the genre)