★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Gogogic ehf
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 7.8 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The Symbol6 machine is back! Symbol6 Redux is an innovative, colorful puzzle game which offers simple and accessible entertainment with endless replayability.

The player takes control of the Symbol6 machine, which is a hexagon that houses seven different, movable tiles. Players must drag and match these tiles with the corresponding incoming tiles that appear from the edges of the screen.

As players progress through the levels, the speed and number of approaching tiles will increase and challenge the players ability to rearrange the tiles and process all the information on the screen.

Symbol6 Redux is designed to be fun for players of all ages and skill levels. The game has three different difficulty levels: Kids Mode, Normal Mode and Extreme Mode. Play alone or enjoy it with your family.

Symbol6 Redux includes Apple Game Center integration, enabling players to share their scores and achievements with their friends and family.

Hours of shape-matching fun
Three gameplay-modes (Kid mode, Normal mode and Extreme mode)
Interactive tutorial
Game Center Integration

We really appreciate all the fantastic reviews the game has received over the past weeks. Here are some examples:

´ one of the most addictive puzzlers ´ - Spawn Kill
´ an excellent educational game for children ´Appmodo
´ 4 out of 5 stars ´ - Nine Over Ten
´A casual gamer's delight´- Game on Mac

If you want to stay updated, join us on our Facebook pages: www.facebook.com/gogogic or www.facebook.com/symbol6redux. You can also follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/gogogic

jonasantonsson's comments:
Hi all,

If you like puzzle games, then you might want to check out Symbol6 Redux, while it is available for $2.99 and is currently amongst the "New & Noteworthy" titles in the App Store.

It is unique, fast paced and very solid. It is getting great reviews and we are very excited to get more feedback from players! In fact, we need more feedback from iPad owners

Here's a link to the US store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/symbol6-rdx-hd/id405731710?mt=8

12-13-2010, 07:30 AM
What is the differense between the gameplay in Symbol6 Redux and the older Symbol6

It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
12-13-2010, 08:28 AM
stevebucknor1 : Thanks! A comment in the App Store would be very welcome

jyhjyh : Great question! The controls are more polished and the touch mechanism was re-written from ground up so the symbols snap into place in a more natural manner. We've also moved away from a continuous stream of symbols and embraced a more familiar level-up mechanism, so there's both a small pause and change between levels. You can also see how far you have to go, to reach the next level.

Additionally we've changed the score/combo mechanism and introduced three versions the game play. One is specifically meant for kids (you can't lose) - but we wanted to focus on the point that this game can be played by all family members, both young and old. The normal mode would feel familiar to older players but the extreme mode is for the hard-core crowd. Hard color combinations, more speed and lots of bad symbols.

Additionally, the graphics have been heavily redone and updated, we've integrated the game with Game Center, we've re-designed it to work perfectly with the iPad (which is my device of choice - at this point - for the game), where we think about how the iPad is held while people play.

That's why we've introduced swipes on both borders to rotate the machine, instead of asking players to tilt the device, like with the original version (it can still be enabled, though).

We had to re-design a lot of the interface to make sure that the game would work well on all devices and that's why we decided to re-work the code as well. Which lead us down the path of changing some of the core behavior and mechanics.
12-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the answer - sounds great
I own Symbol6, so I would like to know if it "just" was the new nice graphics.

My question should have been in the iPhone/iPod Touch forum though
But I guess that the answer would be the same.

It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games

Last edited by jyhjyh; 12-13-2010 at 09:46 AM.
12-13-2010, 04:14 PM
jyhjyh : Sounds like you like the game - great to hear it
12-14-2010, 06:45 AM
I love the updated graphics and the ability to compare high scores with other people. It's a great game. I'm quite proud of the development team at Gogogic for their fantastic work.