★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Archaic Town Adventure is simple to operate, there is no view changing and easy to get started. You can make the character climb, jump, move, attack and pick up by only few buttons on the screen. We are showing great pictures of many world-wild well known historical sites. The maps of first version is included: Forbidden City, Shaolin Temple, The Great Wall and Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum, and 9 different levels in total.
Enjoy your great tour and have fun in our game. More fantastic maps is coming soon.

yamalooloo's comments:
Archaic Town Adventure is a new 2D game which is already available on App Store.

Archaic Town Adventure is simple to operate, there is no view changing and easy to get started. You can make the character climb, jump, move, attack and pick up by only few buttons on the screen. We are showing great pictures of many world-wild well known historical sites. The maps of first version is included: Forbidden City, Shaolin Temple, The Great Wall and Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum, and 9 different levels in total.
Enjoy your great tour and have fun in our game. More fantastic maps is coming soon.

Game link: http://itunes.apple.com/cn/app/archaic-town-adventure/id401831548?mt=8
Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAw2mPCGyyk
Guys please check some pictures here or know more about us from Facebook or App Store. Just try to search "Archaic Town Adventure".

12-13-2010, 02:39 AM
great

Looks fantastic!!!

12-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
ah here it is... I'll be posting whatever issues I have with the app in this topic from now on. - sorry about posting in the iPad section...

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 12-13-2010 at 11:39 AM. Reason: changed "forum" to "topic"
12-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
ah here it is... I'll be posting whatever issues I have with the app in this topic from now on. - sorry about posting in the iPad section...

Alright, well... might as well post it in here...

It's what I posted in the iPad topic for this game before a thread was started in the iPhone and iPod Touch area...

"Just got this...

on my 2nd gen 8 gig (OS 4.0), it lags REALLY bad, and my character is just a white block (I'll edit with an image...)

In iTunes, it says that this is available for all devices, os 4.0 and higher... is that wrong, and my device is just not compatible with the game?

"

I did download the version for iPod Touch and iPhone... I even made sure to clear up 3 gigs of space, and do a hard reset on my device... as well as cleared up RAM with a RAM Cleaning application...

I've also tried downloading it straight onto my device, as well as sync it from iTunes, numerous times.

If you'd like, I can post a video of what this game looks like and runs like on my device if you'd need more information, and maybe get an idea about how to fix it (if this is indeed compatible with my 2nd GEN Touch...)
12-18-2010, 01:55 AM
Actually when we develop this game we had been tested base on iphone3, ios4. So i really don't know why it is happening and how it is happening. Sorry for that... ...

And if it is ok for you, please give me a vidor about the problem, maybe we can fix it. Could you send it to my email: yamadalian@gmail.com

Thank you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Alright, well... might as well post it in here...

It's what I posted in the iPad topic for this game before a thread was started in the iPhone and iPod Touch area...

"Just got this...

on my 2nd gen 8 gig (OS 4.0), it lags REALLY bad, and my character is just a white block (I'll edit with an image...)

In iTunes, it says that this is available for all devices, os 4.0 and higher... is that wrong, and my device is just not compatible with the game?

"

I did download the version for iPod Touch and iPhone... I even made sure to clear up 3 gigs of space, and do a hard reset on my device... as well as cleared up RAM with a RAM Cleaning application...

I've also tried downloading it straight onto my device, as well as sync it from iTunes, numerous times.

If you'd like, I can post a video of what this game looks like and runs like on my device if you'd need more information, and maybe get an idea about how to fix it (if this is indeed compatible with my 2nd GEN Touch...)
12-18-2010, 02:41 AM
Looks like psp prinny.
12-18-2010, 02:55 AM
Needs parallax scrolling and retina support

All side scrollers after 1991 should have parallax scrolling
Otherwise the game looks flat and horrible

Love the icon though, too bad that wasn't at least retina, it would have made a great decoration among my games and made it worth the buy
12-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamalooloo View Post
Actually when we develop this game we had been tested base on iphone3, ios4. So i really don't know why it is happening and how it is happening. Sorry for that... ...

And if it is ok for you, please give me a vidor about the problem, maybe we can fix it. Could you send it to my email: yamadalian@gmail.com

Thank you very much

Yes, I'll make a video of it in the next couple of days and send it to you in a PM. =o)

**edit** - not in a PM, sorry, I'll e-mail it to you at the address you've provided. =o)
12-19-2010, 10:41 AM
05-14-2011, 09:47 PM
I did get a 4th gen touch... and the game runs great... but then I went to re-write my review in the appstore, and it seems this game has been pulled... oO

Will it be returning anytime soon?