★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Truidea LLC
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 20.4 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Bacon? Double Rainbows? Hotcakes has both!

Simple game play and crazy hotcakes make for one delicious game that will keep your appetite coming back for more!

HOW TO PLAY
----------------
Stack the falling hotcakes on your plate. But be careful, your competing against the clock. Top with butter and syrup to complete the stack, earning additional time and unlocking some crazy hotcakes. Stack wisely and you will enter special modes for scoring huge stack points.

FEATURES
------------
- Simple, easy to learn game play (tilt your device left/right)
- Tons of crazy hotcakes to unlock (rainbow, bacon, cheesecake and more)
- Special modes for massive scoring opportunities (double rainbow, sunshine and more)
- Global (Game Center) and local leader boards (overall score, stack scores and stack counts)

bmahloch's comments:
HOTCAKES - a new iPhone game by Truidea - combines simple game play and some crazy hotcakes that makes for one delicious game that will keep your appetite coming back for more. It's easy - stack the falling hotcakes on your plate. But be careful, your racing against the clock. Top with butter and syrup to complete the stack, earning additional time and unlocking some crazy hotcakes. Stack wisely and you will enter special modes for scoring huge stack points.
  • Game Center and local leader boards
  • Tons of crazy hotcakes to unlock
  • Special modes for massive scoring opportunities
  • Simple, easy to learn game play

iTunes link - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hotcakes/id400585038?mt=8

iTunes link - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hotcakes/id400585038?mt=8

Enjoy a promo code - first come first serve...

9P63TJWHMXR7
MNJPP6PJ6TKY
7FMPFP9974MH
63M4J33HYYE6
7KJYRMKPR7WK
12-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Looks great! Used 9P63TJWHMXR7, I'll post a review shortly!

Currently Playing: iBlast Moki, Super Monkey Ball 2, Cobra Command, Assassin's Creed

12-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Thank you for MNJPP6PJ6TKY
12-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Thank you, got code: 7FMPFP9974MH

~ Game Center ID: Amalah ~
~ Plus+ ID, OpenFeint ID: UnicornMoon ~
~ Playing: Tiny Wings, Chocolate Tycoon, Pocket Frogs, Sad Princess, Stylish Dash ~
12-13-2010, 02:56 PM
Okay time to post my impressions I guess. They're positive.

Been playing around with it for a while now. I love the graphics, especially when I get a rainbow. The gameplay is the usual for this style of game, simple, fun and addictive. And I'm going to have lots of fun unlocking the different pancakes.

What I would love to see added is a mode where you are requested to stack specific pancakes for an order. That would make it a little more challenging.

~ Playing: Tiny Wings, Chocolate Tycoon, Pocket Frogs, Sad Princess, Stylish Dash ~
12-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalah View Post
What I would love to see added is a mode where you are requested to stack specific pancakes for an order. That would make it a little more challenging.
Great suggestion... noted! Thanks for the feedback.
12-15-2010, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalah View Post
What if a new series of hotcakes were added that require sequenced stacked of hotcakes to unlock. For example...

Stack 2 chocolate chip, 1 blueberry, 1 cinnamon and a rainbow hotcake in a single stack to unlock a frozen hotcake.
12-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmahloch View Post
What if a new series of hotcakes were added that require sequenced stacked of hotcakes to unlock. For example...

Stack 2 chocolate chip, 1 blueberry, 1 cinnamon and a rainbow hotcake in a single stack to unlock a frozen hotcake.
Yes! That sounds fun, I do like to collect things lol.

The only reason I suggested the order mode was so there would be random challenges that never run out.

With both of those features I could see me playing this for a long time to come.