★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Appular
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 133.8 MB
  • Version: 2.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "Retains the addictive simplicity of this classic genre. Worth checking out if you're a fan of classic arcade titles. 4/5" - AppSpy.com

"My other main issue was the fact it was hard as hell to put down the game was too damn addicting." - Platformnation

Join the fight to guard the Earth against an impeding celestial encroachment on human life in Invaders World Tour. Secure the borders of 12 different countries in 60 explosive levels and bonus stages! Unlock mini-games to achieve higher scores to take control of the global leaderboards!

DEFEND THE WORLD
Countries all over the world have witnessed a surge of extra-terrestrial activity accompanied by the appearance of worm-hole-like portals and slews of strange-looking life-forms. Its up to you to defend the borders of countries like the United States, Canada, Europe, China, and more!

PLAY ON THE BIG SCREEN
Now you can connect your iOS device to any television and use your iPhone or iPod touch as a wireless remote!

PREVAIL
Annihilate the cosmic enemies that are being spewed from the mouth of the monstrous warped portals! The fate of the world, as we know it, is in your hands!

POWER UP
Pick up massive power-ups and ship upgrades as you work your way from continent to continent! Ammo includes numerous different types of death-dealing missiles and guns.

ALTERNATE DIMENSIONS
Create your own worm hole or snatch up a Time Ripper, a detonator that rips apart the space-time continuum to take every living creature into another dimension!

vBOX
Choose from two different sound themes, Modern for the new age gamers, or Retro, for a nostalgic throw-back. Invaders World Tour also features a new, never-before-seen sound-effects generator that allows you to create your own, customized, in-game soundtrack!

PUB MODE
Create the illusion of a stained table top directly on your screen to fool your friends! (iPad Only)

NOTE: iPhones or iPod touches can be wirelessly synced to iPads without connection to television

Neal_O's comments:
Hey Everyboy,

Invaders World Tour 3 has been released on the NZ iTunes App Store, for iPhone and iPad, and will be available on the US store by midnight tonight.

12-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Cool, I will check this out later. Appular kind of sold me on Push Panic.

12-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Appular is taking off, this game will be blast! I love the world, I love space invaders, sounds like a good combo then

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatusernameistaken
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
Instagram: i5_david, feel free to add me
12-13-2010, 06:32 PM
WeLL my here is my impressions:

The game is kind of addicting despite the not so fun controls. The game has power-ups and it mixes up the settings once you advance through a level. You have 3 shield and you can hide behind the three shields till they break. But you will also have to defeat the invaders if you want to advance to the next level. You are supposed to kill the invaders as quickly as you can because your shield can break. But there are powerups in which you can strengthen your shield or use different types of bullets to hit the invaders. This makes the game a lot more challenging and a lot of fun to play. There are also two game modes. The graphics and music are both good. As you can see in the trailer, there is a change in the surroundings. But the sad thing is that the controls aren't so great. To shoot a bullet you are forced to tap the screen. Tapping the screen constantly during the game mode, World Tour, will prove to be frustrating as you have to save many cities as you can around the world and your fingers will start to hurt as you repeatedly tap on the screen. So get the game if your looking for a fun space shooting games and do not mind the annoying controls.
12-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Hi Epox, thanks for purchasing the game and thanks for the review.

With regards to the tapping of the screen to shoot - this is a valid point and we did at one time have an auto fire, but we found it would auto fire just when you didn't want it to fire. We might consider putting it back in as a powerup to give fingers a bit of a break ... which brings me on to ...

You can pause the game and come back to it later - more so on iOS4. Also, once you have unlocked the achievement of saving a particular country you don't have to play that country again - you can choose to play from the last country you saved, with the game automatically awarding upgrades to the ship and bullets to compensate for the increased difficulty levels as you proceed up the achievement ladder.

Did you try out vBox at all? This is off the main menu and allows you to mess around re-recording the in game sounds using your voice or other instruments of sound. You can also share your audio masterpieces with your mates for importing into their vBox enabled games

Cheers
Scott
12-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyumedev View Post
Hi Epox, thanks for purchasing the game and thanks for the review.

With regards to the tapping of the screen to shoot - this is a valid point and we did at one time have an auto fire, but we found it would auto fire just when you didn't want it to fire. We might consider putting it back in as a powerup to give fingers a bit of a break ... which brings me on to ...

You can pause the game and come back to it later - more so on iOS4. Also, once you have unlocked the achievement of saving a particular country you don't have to play that country again - you can choose to play from the last country you saved, with the game automatically awarding upgrades to the ship and bullets to compensate for the increased difficulty levels as you proceed up the achievement ladder.

Did you try out vBox at all? This is off the main menu and allows you to mess around re-recording the in game sounds using your voice or other instruments of sound. You can also share your audio masterpieces with your mates for importing into their vBox enabled games

Cheers
Scott
Actually I was given a promo code by OP to review this game and leave impressions. I would rather have it keep firing than tapping because the game is really challenging to maintain the shields, but the power-up idea sounds good. I haven't tried vBox but I will. Good Luck
12-13-2010, 06:52 PM
One tip for maintaining the shields ... you will see a saucer that goes across the screen which looks a bit shark fin in appearance - this is the hospital ship and it will drop shield powerups and if you hit it you are most likely to get a full shield powerup. Useful when the shields are low.
12-14-2010, 04:56 AM
I just saved the USA

Cool game, a nice pick up and play title though some gamecenter integratio is missing. I think in the context of this forum (not normal poeple/user) a game should not released anymore without achievements and leaderboards on GC or OF and GC together.

Controls are fine I like the tapping, since you can determine the frequency of your rockets and time them for your enemies. One should always try to kill the UFO at the top screen since they drop some cool powerups and shield restore stuff.

And here is a original feature I donw saw in other games yet. you can acutally record your own sounds and use them in the game, HILARIOUS so fun to integrate some crazy sounds and fun.

At some times the game becomes a bit unfair, since the invaders are often in some stages faster than you and you cannot establish a supreme overcoming even in the beginning stages.

Quote:
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
12-14-2010, 05:00 AM
Hi ipod_david, thanks for the feedback.

GC is definitely in the hopefully imminent update - we are just going through final testing.

Glad you like vBox Don't forget that you have the two different sound themes as well (from the vBox menu).

Cheers
Scott
12-14-2010, 05:00 AM
add achievement banners in the top not at the bottom since you cannot see the ship anymore and will get killed.

Additional to that: the sounds (music) are cool and trasnport the retro arcade feeling with a touch of a fresh interpretation of the original

Quote: