★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Appular
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 70.8 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "Retains the addictive simplicity of this classic genre. Worth checking out if you're a fan of classic arcade titles. 4/5" - AppSpy.com

"My other main issue was the fact it was hard as hell to put down the game was too damn addicting." - Platformnation

Join the fight to guard the Earth against an impeding celestial encroachment on human life in Invaders World Tour.

Secure the borders of 12 different countries in 60 explosive levels and bonus stages! Unlock mini-games to achieve higher scores to take control of the global leaderboards!

DEFEND THE WORLD!
Countries all over the world have witnessed a surge of extra-terrestrial activity accompanied by the appearance of worm-hole-like portals and slews of strange-looking life-forms. Its up to you to defend the borders of countries like the United States, Canada, Europe, China, and more!

PREVAIL!
Annihilate the cosmic enemies that are being spewed from the mouth of the monstrous warped portals! The fate of the world, as we know it, is in your hands!

POWER UP!
Pick up massive power-ups and ship upgrades as you work your way from continent to continent! Ammo includes numerous different types of death-dealing missiles and guns.

ALTERNATE DIMENSIONS!
Create your own worm hole or snatch up a Time Ripper, a detonator that rips apart the space-time continuum to take every living creature into another dimension!

vBOX!
Choose from two different sound themes, Modern for the new age gamers, or Retro, for a nostalgic throw-back. Invaders World Tour also features a new, never-before-seen sound-effects generator that allows you to create your own, customized, in-game soundtrack!

PUB MODE!
Create the illusion of a stained table top directly on your screen to fool your friends!

Neal_O's comments:
Hey Guys,

Invaders World Tour 3 HD has been released on the NZ iTunes App Store and will be available on the US store by midnight tonight. Be sure to check it out.

12-13-2010, 01:15 PM
I am playing this game. Colorful, nice to play ... Appular is on roll!

-----
On GC I am FPEX

12-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Pretty exciting game over screen! Wouldn't want to blow up the world like that. Nice work on the background art!

Original Music and Sound Effects Design
www.harrymack.com
12-13-2010, 02:34 PM
After a bit more playing I have to say I quite like it ... But devs, please add the option to use an inverted slider control!! Or even better a horizontal one.

-----
On GC I am FPEX
12-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Hi FPE, thanks for your feedback and for purchasing. Can you give me more info on what you mean by an inverted slider control please - how would it differ from the standard slider control?
Cheers
Scott
12-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyumedev View Post
Hi FPE, thanks for your feedback and for purchasing. Can you give me more info on what you mean by an inverted slider control please - how would it differ from the standard slider control?
Cheers
Scott
Just inverted in terms of response. Nice to see you guys check TA forums.

-----
On GC I am FPEX
12-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
Just inverted in terms of response. Nice to see you guys check TA forums.
Currently the slider can go left / right side of the screen, so we would still keep this, but instead of up moving left and down moving right we would just swap these?

Have you had a play with vBox yet or tried out the pub mode
12-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Yup.

Vbox ... I missed that. We can make our own sounds in the game. Nice!

-----
On GC I am FPEX
12-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
Vbox ... I missed that. We can make our own sounds in the game. Nice!
And share them with other vBox users. You can also select a different sound theme from the vBox menu - we have retro and modern, personally I prefer modern.
12-14-2010, 12:34 PM
AppSpy Review

Hey Guys,

AppSpy just reviewed Invaders World Tour 3 and gave it a 4/5 rating!

"It retains a lot of the addictive simplicity of this classic genre. Worth checking out if you're a fan of classic arcade titles."

Check out the full article HERE.