★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Watch out developers!

12-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Watch out developers!

Hey guys I would just like to warn you guys about a member on here who takes promo codes for your apps - then cracks them and releases them to pirate web sites!
The member is
brveloso
We gave away 20 promo codes through twitter and He got one.
This is his twitter @BR_veloso
His face book
http://www.facebook.com/Bruno.A.M.Pereira

This guy is so despicable that he won't even buy one copy before he cracks it and spreads it on the internet!

So just a warning to all - don't give this any promo codes!

Last edited by VPrime; 12-13-2010 at 01:34 PM.
12-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Are you sure this is not a random facebook page given ?

Because this guy will start to have some real trouble, from both the official and the unofficial "people", I hope you're aware of that. Be careful before divulging that type of info.
12-13-2010, 06:53 PM
never stop

People will always crack ipa files and put them online. Its a fact of life that will not stop. Thats why apple is always updating thier software , to help fight piracy. The only ones who can really stop piracy is online file sharing companies like rapidshare,mega upload, etc. Without them piracy wont even be dented.
12-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0re View Post
Are you sure this is not a random facebook page given ?

Because this guy will start to have some real trouble, from both the official and the unofficial "people", I hope you're aware of that. Be careful before divulging that type of info.
Yes, quite sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krehol Games View Post
People will always crack ipa files and put them online. Its a fact of life that will not stop. Thats why apple is always updating thier software , to help fight piracy. The only ones who can really stop piracy is online file sharing companies like rapidshare,mega upload, etc. Without them piracy wont even be dented.
That is true, but there is no reason for us to hand over our programs to them when we can avoid it.