• Publisher: DotEmu
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 13.7 MB
  • Version: 1.5
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 3 (1)
App description: A crazy platform game that let you swap bodies and collect the powers of those you fight.

4/5 - An excellent adaption of a fun arcade title and a solid addition to any classic and modern gamer's collection. AppSpy

/!\ ##IMPORTANT## /!\ This game will run on iPhone 3GS, iPhone4, iPod Touch 3rd Generation and up, and iPad Devices.

Have you ever dreamt of possessing your enemies in a video game? It is now possible with Avenging Spirit, also known as Phantasm (), one of the best japanese platform-arcade game of the 90s! Transform your iPhone in a coin-op machine and play this classic with a gameplay totally adapted to this platform.

During a walk with his girlfriend, a boy is ambushed by agents of a mysterious crime organization and is shot to death. Now, as a wandering spirit with the ability to possess most others, he is summoned by his girlfriend's father to save her from these criminals.

FEATURES :

- Original game: Fight through 6 stages to infiltrate the crime organizations base in order to rescue the girl.

- Freeplay: Play this mode to train yourself.

- Arcade: Play the real game with 3 lives. Each time you unlock a stage, you can start again your adventure from this point.

- Gameplay: Play in a fullscreen mode or in the original resolution with a virtual pad completely adapted to this game.

- Soundtrack: Ready to go back in some great arcade music of the 90s? Or play with your own music if you prefer!

- Game Center: More than 30 achievements to unlock! Possess a ninja or a gangster and try to unlock the others! Check the leaderboard and compete with your friends to make the best score!

---
2 other game from the Jaleco Arcade Series available :
64th Street (Beat Them All)
Earth Defense Force (Shoot Them Up)

Thank you everyone for supporting Avenging Spirit! Do not forget to rate us 5 stars and we'll keep on going with new content! Feel free to tell the world about this game!

Follow us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/dotemu

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/dotemu

Visit us on:
http://www.dotemu.com

goiMot's comments:

12-13-2010, 09:46 PM
This is, uh, a bit shocking to see out of nowhere.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero

12-13-2010, 09:46 PM
ou...original and interesting...waiting for the release in EU zone

edit: just watched a video on youtube...insta-buy for me: that's the genre of games I remember with pleasure when I was a boy

I love this world!

Last edited by foxmulderino; 12-13-2010 at 09:51 PM.
12-14-2010, 04:34 AM
Preview is out

Hi there,

We are very pleased to launch Avenging Spirit and you can have a look to a preview
Youtube link | Pop Up

A cool featured is to unlock acheivements when you possess specific ennemies.
12-14-2010, 08:34 AM
Yeah !

Nice, i bought it !
I'm very fond of this kind of game, the game play is very good.
What I love the most in avengng spirit is that you can take control of any enemy in the game, and that's something very amusing. The soundtrack is also good
If you love platforming game or are fan of arcade gaming, go for it, you won't be disappointed
12-14-2010, 10:34 AM
Cool game

Instant buy for me , one of my all time favs on my MAMECab yeah
Highly recommended good and solid port can't be wrong at this price
12-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Wow. I just bought it and tried the first level. The controls are very responsive on my iPad. I am impressed! Great job DotEmu!
12-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Woah, this looks good. O_O

EDIT: Should've waited to post. The controls completely cover the screen in Full Screen. Waste of a dollar. =/

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 12-14-2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: The truth.
12-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Good game good price. But I ran into a bug that came after playing the free mode, viewed the gamecenter achievements in-game and then startet free play mode again. It didn't start the second time. Some emulation error I think.

But I think you did a great job. The controls are very responsive. I love these classic arcade games.
12-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Red ninja is badass !

OMG I just took the red ninja, and finish the boss of the level 4 in no time with him, it is a rare character but very useful !
The 4th boss is really challenging if you don't choose the right character to fight against him, this is kinda of a strategic game after all

Did anyone have tried to take the "Death" character which spawn if you stay a long time in a level ? I've tried but my energy was to low and I did not had any credits left, arg ...