★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Scalextric

3 new user tracks released restart app for automatic download!

New update coming soon (1.2.2):

Multiplayer issues fixed!

Description:
Speed through stunning 3D worlds on tracks you created and rediscover the magic of Scalextric!
Build fast, fun or challenging tracks with the Scalextric track creator, share your circuits and use Game Centre to play against global opponents!

Key features:
CREATE CLASSIC CIRCUITS
Mix it up with your own track designs. Choose pieces of Scalextric track and assemble new and exciting circuits. Race on other players custom tracks, or share your designs with a worldwide community.

YOU vs THE WORLD
Scalextric is one of the first games to take advantage of Apples Game Centre, giving you instant access to a global community of mobile gamers. Invite your friends to a game and battle to reach the highest scores of players around the world.

RACE YOUR FRIENDS OR A DIGITAL FOE
Play against your friends via the Game Centre, or play against the computers smart artificial intelligence (AI). Either way, winning wont come easy.

BURN THROUGH 3D WORLDS
With stunning 3D graphics, youll be transported straight back to the bedroom floors of your youth. Scalextric takes full advantage of Retina Display to give you beautifully crisp graphics.

CHOOSE YOUR VIEW
Adjust your point-of-view mid-game to get the best view of the action. Choose from seven viewpoints.

THE CARS THE STAR
Choose from four classic cars, then customise your ride.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

12-14-2010, 04:30 AM
Did this one get lost in the Plethora of the releases!?

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys

12-14-2010, 04:36 AM
I am love. At the Scalextric.

Games I have beta tested: Minigore, Cogs, Guerilla Bob, Above and Beyond: Air Combat, Baseball Superstars 2010, 33rd Division, Cash Machine, 5 star General, Flick Football... Possibly some other ones I;ve forgotten
12-14-2010, 05:36 AM
Game Impressions

This is actually quite a good game. Unfortunately, it suffers from a case of "stealth IAPs." There are two on offer: a set of real world tracks - which is fine. And, the ability to store 10 user created tracks instead of only 2, as well as the ability to use unlimited pieces to make tracks - which is absolutely NOT fine, since clearly my ability to do both of the above at the outset for the purchase price I already paid, is purposely limited for no reason other than to attempt to squeeze extra money. What's also not at all fine, is that there is no mention of these IAPs anywhere in the app description.

In the end this just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth, and regret for buying this game in the first place.
12-14-2010, 05:59 AM
They just pushed out an update, I don't seem to see what changes on iTunes or Appshoppr

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Quote:
12-14-2010, 09:04 AM
The v1.1 update was for a small bug we had not removed from v1.0 , this only affected ipads on 4.2.1..

As to stealth IAPS.. The world circuits can all be made yourself in the editor and the extra slots & infinite track pieces is really a luxury and is not need to enjoy the game, i made sure the default values for track pieces were set high..

And as the price point is as low as we can get (Tier 1) so we added these two istore items so people would not have to pay a higher price from the outset..

Plus look out for all the updates in going to be producing over the next year.. (Free of charge, of course.)

Thanks

ProDev101

Programmer - Scalextric
12-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Certainly looks interesting and good graphically.

If something online is free, you are not the customer - you are the product.
12-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDev101 View Post

As to stealth IAPS.. The world circuits can all be made yourself in the editor and the extra slots & infinite track pieces is really a luxury and is not need to enjoy the game, i made sure the default values for track pieces were set high..

And as the price point is as low as we can get (Tier 1) so we added these two istore items so people would not have to pay a higher price from the outset.
Sorry, but no. The downloadable tracks are a luxury. What's more to the point though, is that it at least took someone some time and effort to make them, so it's justifiable to say that you are paying for that.

The track piece limit and being able to save more than two tracks are simply features (not content!) that are being held back to influence the user to part with more cash -- a practice acceptable for free demos, not a game I have already purchased under the impression that I was getting full content.

It's not the money. I would have been perfectly happy to have paid 2 or even 3 times as much for the game up front. What I can't stand is the feeling of being lied to and manipulated.

Bottom line? What would have been a game that I likely would have raved about and influenced quite a number of others to purchase, instead becomes one that I can't even feel good about having on my device, and am actually more likely to simply delete and leave a one star review warning people about your lack of integrity.

Last edited by Gabrien; 12-14-2010 at 07:09 PM.
12-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Bought it yesterday, nice game, but the User Interface needs some tweaks/additions (saving the last selected car/colour/track, Restart Race Option).
A quick match function for mulitplayer would also be nice.

pXe
12-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Glad that the Dev is here, What is coming in the update next year?
Do we have a lite version for legacy device owners to test the FPS & smooth functioning?

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Quote: